Evan and Olivia are HERE!!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sitkamom, Feb 10, 2007.

1. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

I'll keep this brief as life with these little ones is still very hectic! I started in labor on Thursday the 1st (DH's birthday!) and labored through a couple days with increasing contractions asthe days went by. Saturday the contractions were increasing and steady at five minutes apart all day. I wnated to get in to see the doctor and just get my section (knew it was inevitable anyway) that day but we live in a small town and he happened to be the ER doc on call that day and would have had to find yet ANOTHER doc to be in on the surgery (total of 4!) At 11:45pm on Saturday night some water broke and when I went in to the bathroom and found it was NOT the right color...it was bloody! So off to the hospital, thankfully only fiveminutes away and sure enough, an emergency c-section. The whole process was not even half as bad as I expected. The real contractions that started after the water breaking were intense, but manageable. The worst part for me was getting my IV. The girl didn't get it right the first time. The spinal and surgery were a breeze actually...thanks god for small town community hosptial with a great staff. In fact, I was the only patient in the whole hospital (other than long-term care patients) all Super Bowl Sunday! And to be there with TWINS, which are rare up here, I had the best 'service' possible! Well, my champion little breast feeder is up and hungry so I HAVE to run. The littel girl, isn't quite as good at the breast but we're working on it. I probably won't be checking in very often TOO soon, very busy! We made it to 37 weeks to the day, so keep it up ladies, YOU CAN DO IT!! Life is good, even with a lack of sleep and no semblance of a schedule AT ALL. Gotta run!

2. sitkamom

I'll keep this brief as life with these little ones is still very hectic! I started in labor on Thursday the 1st (DH's birthday!) and labored through a couple days with increasing contractions asthe days went by. Saturday the contractions were increasing and steady at five minutes apart all day. I wnated to get in to see the doctor and just get my section (knew it was inevitable anyway) that day but we live in a small town and he happened to be the ER doc on call that day and would have had to find yet ANOTHER doc to be in on the surgery (total of 4!) At 11:45pm on Saturday night some water broke and when I went in to the bathroom and found it was NOT the right color...it was bloody! So off to the hospital, thankfully only fiveminutes away and sure enough, an emergency c-section. The whole process was not even half as bad as I expected. The real contractions that started after the water breaking were intense, but manageable. The worst part for me was getting my IV. The girl didn't get it right the first time. The spinal and surgery were a breeze actually...thanks god for small town community hosptial with a great staff. In fact, I was the only patient in the whole hospital (other than long-term care patients) all Super Bowl Sunday! And to be there with TWINS, which are rare up here, I had the best 'service' possible! Well, my champion little breast feeder is up and hungry so I HAVE to run. The littel girl, isn't quite as good at the breast but we're working on it. I probably won't be checking in very often TOO soon, very busy! We made it to 37 weeks to the day, so keep it up ladies, YOU CAN DO IT!! Life is good, even with a lack of sleep and no semblance of a schedule AT ALL. Gotta run!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Congrats on your babies!! Welcome to the FY board! [​IMG]

4. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I'm so happy you are all healthy and well. Can't wait to hear more about them.

Reyna

5. Congratulations and [​IMG]

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your little ones!!

7. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Congratulations! And I LOVE the names!
    Helen

8. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

9. sitkamom

I was in such a hurry I forgot the stats!! Here they are.
    Born at 1:52 am Evan Arthur was 18" 6lb 2oz
    Livie born at 1:54 am weighed in 6lbs even and 19".

Born on 37 weeks to the day (barely!) Now I've got to go sit down to keep from swelling out of my skin! Still very swollen but moving around up and down the stairs at least a dozen times a day.

10. sitkamom

I'm so out of it...the emergency section was due to a little placental abruption. Not to big of a deal though.

11. hammondsquared

hammondsquared Well-Known Member

congratulations!!! [​IMG]

12. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your babies! Well done for keeping them cooking for so long x

13. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

I was thinking about you lately! Congrats on the babies! Give your girl a little bit of time and she will get the nursing - it took Allison about 6 weeks to get it down and now she loves it!

Angel

14. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Been looking for your birth story!

Way to go, sounds like everything went well.

[​IMG]

Alyson

15. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations! [​IMG]

16. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Glad you got such some special attention at the hospital, all new mommies deserve that! [​IMG] to the FY Board!

17. reeba1976

reeba1976 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Congrats!

18. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! [​IMG]

19. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

congratulations.
    welcome to the world little ones.

20. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the blood scare but glad to hear everyone is doing well!

If you can, put a couple pillows under your mattress where your feet are at night, that might help with the swelling a little.

Try to get some rest!

21. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!!! So glad that it all turned out well in the end! [​IMG]

22. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to know you and your babies are home and well! I'd been watching for your birth story between feedings [​IMG]

Happy Birthday Evan & Olivia!!

I had horrible swelling after my girls were born too. Definitely keep your feet up any time you can. I slept with my feet on a stack of 4 or 5 pillows. My nurses also "prescribed" lots of iced tea (which I LOVE) and that worked great. It makes you pee a LOT though. [​IMG]

HTH and Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!
    Laura

23. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the arrival of your little ones!!!!

24. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

congratulations!

25. debby12766

debby12766 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and Mazel Tov!

[​IMG]

What a great story and what great weights!

26. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm so glad you had a positive experience with everything at your hospital; what a difference great care can make!

Can't wait to see pics when you get a chance - way to go, mama!