Escaping the crib! Help please!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsBirch, Feb 14, 2012.

1. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

I need some advice ladies. My twins are 22 months old and my son will no longer sleep in his crib. We put him in and out he goes, sometimes he will jump into his sisters crib, other times he'll come out of their room (we put a gate up when we go to bed so he doesn't do anything in the middle of the night.) A couple times I have put him in with his sister and he has fallen asleep there and I move him into his own crib after. We are looking into twin beds right now but I'm wondering if others went thru this too and what did you do?? Thanks!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Crib tents to the rescue! We tented ours and now they can't get out although the one we bought used off of Craigslist is slowing getting big holes via my Escape from Alcatrez boy. :)

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've heard good things about crib tents. However, we just converted the cribs to toddler beds, it was a bit chaotic at first but soon they got into a good routine and learned to stay in bed at night!

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Put the crib mattresses on the floor inside the cribs. You might have another month or 2. Try sleep sacks. It worked but my kids got freaked out. If i were you, id try everything everything before move in toddler beds. Gl!

1 person likes this.
  5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When my daughter started climbing out of her crib (at 19 months), we converted her crib to a toddler bed. I never tried crib tents but a lot of people on here have had great success with them.
    It took my daughter a couple of weeks to get used to the freedom of her toddler bed, but once she did, she slept fine in there. I do wish I could have done it when she was older because we did not make the transition out of a crib for my son until he turned 3 and he did not miss a beat going into a toddler bed.

6. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Crib tents!!

Our twins both jumped out of their tents at naptime on New Years Day '09. they were 26 months and we were NOT ready for them to be out of their cribs. We bought two crib tents at BRU that day and used them until their 3rd birthday (they got beds for their birthday) it was well worth the money to us to have naps & bedtime go on as usual. They LOVED the crib tents & so did our oldest who always wanted in there too and let us know how unfar it was that she never had one!

7. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

Well, I've found a solution - I duct taped the snaps on his sleep sac so he can't get out. Mother of the year! Things we do for some mer time when they sleep!!

8. betha

betha Well-Known Member

One other idea-we turned their cribs around so the higher part was on the outside. It was harder to climb out. we also used sleep sacks and put the mattress on the floor.