Escaping from the sleep sack?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Minette, May 27, 2007.

1. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Several times over the past few weeks, I've found Amy in the morning with one arm out of her sleep sack. It doesn't seem to bother her. But this morning she was out of it completely, and her PJs were unzipped down to mid-chest! We keep our house pretty cool at night, and I"ve been telling myself it's OK because they wear fleece jammies and sleep sacks. Is there a way to make them escape-proof? :eek:

2. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Put them on backwards, with the zipper in the back. This is what I started doing when Sofia began stripping at bedtime. It's the only way she naps and stay dressed.

3. shelbyolivia

shelbyolivia Well-Known Member

Ditto on the backwards! ALL pj's go on backwards, if they don't zip/snap, they get their diapers duct taped.

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

If she's like my guys, she's escaping through the neck hole -- no unzipping required. I actually sewed a pleat in the back where the tag is. This makes the neck hole a few inches smaller so they can get one arm out and wear it toga-style but cannot get it completely off without unzipping. I also had to start putting them on backward to slow their progress on the zipper. HOWEVER, Trevor can now unzip it whether the zipper is in the front or the back and Trent can unzip it if it's in the front. They only have to unzip partially and then they can escape through the hole.

My most recent solution is to put them to bed with a toy so they'll have something to do when they wake other than getting naked. That's working this week. :lol: I really do feel like they're always 1/2 step ahead of me!

5. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

We've been doing backward jammies for about 3 months now...they all go on backwards! We put jammies -- backwards! -- back on for nap times. Otherwise, we come back in to find naked babies! In Rita's case, if you put her to bed with jammies zipped up the front, she'll be out of them practically by the time you're out the door.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I was cracking up reading your responses! (I needed a laugh -- see my "at wit's end with food throwing" post. :rolleyes: ) Thank you! Such a simple solution, but it never would have occurred to me. Amy is wearing her sleep sack backwards as I write.