Empty Twin Sacs on Ultrasound

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mustangmel, Oct 28, 2014.

1. mustangmel

mustangmel New Member

I recently went to the OB for the initial vaginal ultrasound and they found 2 sacs but no babies. I thought I was at 9 weeks but the doctor said that they looked like they were at about 6 weeks which could be too early to see the babies OR it is a non-viable pregnancy. I first found out I was pregnant on Sept. 19 after taking a home test. I had taken one the week prior and it was negative. I am unsure of my LMP and I had irregular periods due to being on the mini pill so anything is possible but I am going nuts not knowing. They have me doing bloodwork every 48 hours to test HGC levels but even that can be inconclusive. I go in for another ultrasound next Monday but in the mean time I am a wreck. Has anyone else had any experience with twins not showing up on teh ultrasound? The OB says this sometimes happens but I just have a bad feeling about it.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I don't have experience with this but I hope someone who has will chime in.  I can understand being a wreck, as I would be too.  Please update us when you have the ultrasound again.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For me, I find the not knowing is the worst part. It's so hard to wait. :hug: Keep us posted.

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had an u/s at 5 weeks and nothing was showing but the sacs-then at 8 weeks only one and then at 9 both...please keep us posted.  I agree with Rachel, the not knowing is what is so hard.  *hugs*
    Welcome to Twinstuff, we're glad you found us!