Emily and Zachary's 2 month check up

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by hersheytwins, Feb 21, 2008.

1. hersheytwins

hersheytwins Well-Known Member

I took the kids to the doctor yesterday. Emily is weighing 12lbs even 80 % (5lbs 12 oz at birth) and is 22 7/8 ins long 75 %(at birth was 17 3/4 inches).
    Zachary is 12lbs 6 oz 74 % (5lbs 13oz at birth) and is 22 7/8 inches long 51%( 17 1/2 at birth). I was shocked at how much they have grown, I guess I am doing something right. The only bad news I had (which really is nothing) was they both have Colic. The doctor said it should only last a couple more weeks. One thing that I am a little confused about is the doctor said they do not recommend starting solids until 6 months. Did anyone else doctor say anything like that? I know with my other 2 kids, I started feeding them solids at 4 months.

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

The new recommendation (from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other "kid" organizations) is that you wait until six months to start solids. There have been lots of discussions here on Twinstuff about this; some doctors still say four months, some say six months.

3. ksugal

ksugal Well-Known Member

Most everything I read says between 4-6 months. We started at 4 months and had no problems.

4. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

we started at 4 months... cereal... good luck!

5. hersheytwins

hersheytwins Well-Known Member

I think we are going to start at 4 months and see how they do. Katelyn (8) and Jacob (6) seem to did ok with us starting them at 4 months.

6. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

yes go wtih what you are comfortable with... Mine started cereal hated it so i started them on fruits and veggies and they took off with it... ;)

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I have always started my kids on rice cereal at 2 months (for spit up issues in their bottles) and went on to start solids with them at 4 months. Actually made them much happier and better sleepers.

Sounds like your appointment went well!

8. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Good appointment. My Dr said 6 months for all 3.