Easter Baskets

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by JoannaD, Apr 12, 2011.

1. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

Where did you get your twins' Easter baskets? The place I wanted to get them from is all sold out of the fabric liners that I liked, so I'm not sure where to get them from now. I want to do monogrammed ones as well.

Also, what did you put in their Easter baskets their first year? Did you get them anything else besides their baskets?

2. southernmommy

southernmommy Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten the baskets yet. But I found some I like. I'll probably put some baby friendly 'candy' in them such as dried fruits, mum mums and some little toys.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I got baskets at our local Michael's. They are lined, but not monogrammed. For their first Easter, they were a little over 3 months old, and they each got a small stuffed rabbit, a rattle, and a Baby's First Easter book. This year (at almost 16 months) they are each getting an Elmo video, a book, and some Gerber snacks. I'm going light on the basket because they will get one from my parents, DH's mom, DH's dad, and their great-grandma, so I don't want them to be overwhelmed with stuff. Thank goodness I have a good excuse for limiting candy (soy intolerance), because my MIL loves to buy candy!!

4. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

Oh SOOO glad someone asked this! I can't find baskets I like. I do have someone who can do the monograming but I need to find the baskets first. Mine will get a 1st easter book, they will get their first bibles, my mom is crocheting them bunnies and maybe a rattle or something.

5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I found some really cute bunny jammies last year that I put in their baskets, along with some rabbit ears. Some new soothers and a little book and a stuffed animal. This year we're not doing baskets, but we are going to do an easter egg hunt with some of the neighbor kids!

6. twinmomlg

twinmomlg Member

I got mine at Pottery Barn Kids. They have them in the store buy if you order them onlie, you can get them monogrammed. I think they're now on sale!

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've gotten all of mine at Target. I like the monogrammed idea. Never thought of that! They are half off at Pottery Barn Kids!

For the first year...My boys were seven months almost... so I got them some gerber puffs, a stuffed animal, and probably some other little sncak type food. Pretty basic and simple!

8. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

We have a small house so I stopped doing things like cute baskets because afterwards I don't know what to do with them. I am such a loser but we have a very small house lol...so I just use a basket or container I have and put a colorful new fun bath towel in there as the liner and then a few things. They mostly are excited about the cheap plastic eggs...so excited to participate in an easter egg hunt this year. :)

9. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I want to get some cute matching baskets for the kids but haven't found any I really like yet either We have a really small house but were lucky my IL's let us store stuff in their basement.

The twins are so little this year but I'm sure they'll like picking through a basket. I'm planning on getting the girls each a baby toothbrush, baby food, and some MumMums. I got them each a stuffed animal too.

I forgot to add the kids all have a basket and then we have a family basket. The family basket has all the candy. Each of the kids get a chocolate bar or bunny in their basket but the rest is in the family basket. This way we don't have the fighting hey that's my candy type of thing. Since the twins are little they'll have snacks in their basket but next year it will be just like the big kids.

10. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

toothbrush is a great idea.

11. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I usually do toothbrushes for all the kids each year. This year they go the dentist a week after Easter and will get a new brush then so I'll skip the ones for the basket this year. I also give toothbrushes in Christmas stockings too.

12. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

Little tikes has a few easter themed toys that they put out around easter like "little people" and the like. We bought a few of those, and a beach ball for each baby. We also got them sunglasses and hats and their bathing suits for summer. Then we put in a container of those little puffs.