Easter baskets

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by mnellson, Mar 23, 2010.

1. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

Just wondering what you are putting in their Easter baskets this year. I'll put in a little bit of candy. Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm avoiding stuffed animals and small toys (like chalk, bubbles). Thinking about a new DVD, flip flops or bathing suit. But, I know they like to get things that are fun!

2. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

This year I am cutting down. My DH is out of work and all three of the girls' birthdays are within two weeks of Easter.

So far I have all candy but not a whole lot. They will also get something from my mom and my in-laws.

I did flip-flops last year and the girls loved them.

3. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We don't do much. I've gotten them each a new Webkinz. Our Hallmark is going out of business so I picked up some in that sale. I'm also getting them each a new notebook to draw in. Normally I get the plain covered ones, but for this I get a fancy picture cover. I'll probably find some special kind of pencils and a little bit of candy and that's it.

Marissa

4. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

For the twins I am doing pool toys, beach towels, a street sign with their names on them (I am making this using my Cricut), some candy, a couple glow sticks, and a couple $5 gift coins from Target. I might also put some bunny ears that I saw at the Dollar Store because they still like to do silly things like that. I also saw these eggs at Walgreens that you water and a flowering plant grows and breaks through the shell. I thought those were cool and think they would like those.

For my 18 month old I am doing a beach towel, a couple of the small Wow people, sunglasses, flip flops, bubbles, a glittery bouncy ball, bunny ears from the Dollar Store, and a couple of the small Reese's Easter eggs. Most of his items will come from the Dollar Store so his basket won't cost much at all. I love picking up little items from there. You can find some really cute things cheap.

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what we are doing yet. I'm totally slacking this year.

6. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

I found some cute things at the Michaels and Target Dollar center to fill up baskets. I usually don't get much candy so I try to find small items that we can take on car rides/doctor's office waits and traveling to visit family.

They LOVE stuffed animals and play with them all the time and make paper clothes for them and they go to "school" so I am looking for a couple med size animals.

7. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I try not to over do the candy as well. I never let them eat much of it anyhow [​IMG]
    For Berk I usually add a DVD and big girl stuff and the boys some matchbox cars or little transformers. I treat them like Christmas stockings sort of.

8. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

well since the girls just had their 9th birthday Tuesday, they got alot of stuff then but going to put dvd's pj's flip flops, a little candy and a few other things!!!!