Easter baskets?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Apr 2, 2009.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I thought this might already be here, but I didn't see one so forgive me if this is a duplicate post. What kind of things are you putting in Easter baskets for 3 yr olds? I'm trying to make a list for Walmart tomorrow......so far I have:

stickers

bubbles

jelly beans

chapstick

coloring book

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Mine are younger, but I got super cute gardening stuff for them at Target. They have little shovels, and mini-rake things (hand-held- not sure what they are called), gardening gloves and a hat. We are going to plant a garden this year and the girls LOVE digging in the back yard so I thought they were cute.

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We have:

a little bit of candy (small container of M&Ms, small container of jellybeans, small chocolate bunny)
    hair scrunchies and headbands (from the $1 aisle at Targe' !!)
    harmonicas
    sunglasses

That's all we're doing.

4. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Pinocchio Movie
    Books-Thomas, 2 Max and Ruby, 2 Curious George, I forget the other
    2 Sesame Street from Target's dollar section
    Max and Ruby beanie bunnies
    small toys like you find at Target/dollar store
    very little candy, first year they are getting any
    Egg hunt

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have some of the things you mentioned as as well as: jumpropes, books, little puzzles, and some more outdoor things.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Some of the things that have already been mentioned are great ideas!! Love the gardening tools idea.

I just can't go without the token hollow Chocolate Bunny

fingernail polish (my girls go crazy over having nails painted)

books

7. mkhvjh

mkhvjh Well-Known Member

I give my niece & nephew money inside of the plastic eggs since they get some candy from their parents... I mean the Easter Bunny!!! They get so happy 'cuz they can use ithe money at Toys R Us for what they want.

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bubbles and sidewalk chalk are a staple in our Easter Baskets. Goldfish crackers, some candy, gardening tools. I think I'm going to put a Crayola Color Wonder pack in each one as well.

9. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

- sunglasses
    - books
    - Splash balls
    - pajamas
    - chalk
    - a little candy
    - matchbox airplanes
    - sippy cup for my little guy
    - we got these really cool pretend Wii remotes with candy from Walgreen's-- I am so excited to give these to them. They are always trying to play the Wii when we are and we don't let them use the real remotes yet. Before they used tv remotes.

10. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

peeps.

11. mommycandi

mommycandi Well-Known Member

DD: All five Wiggles dolls, a Wiggles T-shirt, and Wiggles barrettes (she's obsessed)
    DS: Hotwheels/matchbox cars, a Thomas train, Pixar Cars T-shirt

And they are both getting an Easter book, bubbles, watercolor paint book, stickers, M&Ms, and a small chocolate bunny.

Instead of a basket, I used a large sand pail with a shovel.

12. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Crocs

Bubbles

Seeds (Sunflowers, Tomatoes, Herbs)

Garden gloves

Baseball hats

Sunglasses

2 Hotwheels cars

We do have some plastic eggs to find. I filled them with yogurt-covered raisins, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, nuts instead of candy. (they are getting a token small, chocolate bunny from the grandparents).

13. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Most of what I have is already listed... my kids LOVE getting tattoos, so I put some of those in, too. We are giving them hollow chocolate bunnies... their first candy!
    Helen

14. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

we got v tech cameras. we do several big easter egg hunts and don't need any candy

15. debid

debid Well-Known Member

sandals
    bubbles
    stickers
    temp tattoos
    paint w/water books
    squirt gun
    chocolate bunny

I messed up and bought them little garden trowels and a packet of sunflower seeds (to plant, not to eat) recently and realized later that I should have saved those for the basket. Oops.

16. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My son is 2 1/2 and I got him a duck game (can't remember the name), a small box of candy (from my girls school fundraiser), and a train book. My mom does an easter egg hunt every year and they do one at our church so I don't get them much in their baskets. I know my mom put some money, chalk, small toys, and jump ropes for the girls and a car for my son in the eggs for them to find.