Early morning rising

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by allboys, Oct 25, 2008.

1. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

My boys usually sleep until 6:30-7 but the last few mornings one has been waking up at 5. I let him yell for about 30 minutes then go get him. By then his brother is usually wake too from all the yelling so I have two awake babies at 5:30. The one doing all the yelling is perfectly fine and happy once I get him so there's nothing wrong, he's just awake. Plus the time change is coming up soon so I'm afraid they'll be getting up at 4!! Help!

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For awhile I had to set my alarm and I wouldn't go into the babies room before my alarm went off, regardless of what was going on in there. That's the only way I could keep them from waking earlier and earlier.

3. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Urgghhhh is right! One of my boys has always woke at 5.30 and the other 6.30/7sh but now they are both up at 5.30. Its such a pain! Sometimes they are asleep by 6.30 pm so they have actually had a solid 11 hours sleep which isn't bad and i'm not prepared to put their bedtime back so I will live with it. Saying that they both were up at 6 this morning!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

That 5am business went on for about 3 months in this house. I tried everything and finally just gave up and went to bed early. I think they just had to mature to sleep longer.

5. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

What time do they go to bed at night? Ours go to bed between 2030-2100 every night. Lately they've been waking up between 0400-0630, eat, and go back to bed until 0700-0830. 11 hrs of sleep is great for baby! I've heard it's good to put them to bed around when you want to go to bed.

6. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I put them to bed around 6:30-7 and they used to sleep 12 hours easily. I really don't want to put them down much later because 1) they seem to be quite tired by 7 and fall asleep well and 2) I need to get my older son to sleep at a reasonable hour.

I really do hope it's just a short lived stage.

7. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at around 530pm, and usually wake up between 530-6. But on and off over the past few weeks they are waking up at 4-5am - ugh! I let them fuss and chatter in their cribs until their official get out of their cribs time at 640am! And some mornings that means they lie awake in their cribs for like 2hrs- but I figure I have to give them the chance to go back to sleep!

8. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at 6:30 pm and wake at about 6 am. My dh gives them a bottle changes their pants and back into their cribs. They can go back to sleep or chat but I'm not getting them before 6:30 - 7 am. With my dh away I still keep up the habit of change & bottle and back to bed. I figure it isn't a good idea for them to assume when they wake up they get up immediately. Plus I love getting back into bed and waking up slowly, or taking a shower, while I hear them chatter away.

Heather