Early Intervention 1st meeting

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by TFine, Jun 20, 2008.

1. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Well I met with them today regarding Thomas. I was leary to do it as our insurance has a $30 co-pay per visit. She feels we will likely be looking at 2 theraposts coming in 2-4 times a month. That is a lot of money. All I was thinking was I cannot afford to pay what is needed to get my boy to talk and eat. Turns out based on last eyars taxes. (DH was unemployed for a month) we only have to pay $28 a month. She was also saying that once he gets started we will fill out the paperwork for him to start school when he is 2. I thought it would be expensive and she no it will be the same $28 a month.

All I want to know is how I can sign Elizabeth up. :)

They are coming on July 2nd for the in depth evaluation, but she felt in her brief time with him today he will likely need some help. He falls in the atypical category for his texture issues.

I was so scared and now I am sort of excited. I love the fact he will be getting some help.

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

So glad that it went well! Let us know how the first appointment goes!

3. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

Tammy, that's wonderful!!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I am so glad that things went very positive for you!

5. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

Wow, you have to pay for your EI. Ours is through the county so I don't pay a dime nor does my insurance company. We have our first PT visit today...will post later on this.

April

6. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

I always thought EI was free!! Good for you. That sounds awesome!!

7. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

In Virginia you can go through your insurance of pay yourself on a sliding scale based on income. With our insurance it is $30 per visit. So if he got services frequently it could kill us financially!

Thankfully with the sliding scale we can afford it!