DS coming home from weekend with Grandma with 5 stiches :(

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MLH, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

My Mom took Gabe for his weekend away (she's taking each kiddo on a special weekend trip this summer just by themselves). They went to ride Thomas and then to a hotel with an indoor waterpark. Well, they were supposed to head home around 11 am and I got a call at 9:30 am saying that Gabe had come down one of the waterslides and hit his face on it and they wanted him to go to a medical center. Well, they called and verified that I agreed to let my Mom get him urgent care services and then he got 5 stiches above his eye. Poor guy. I guess he was so brave. He only wimpered a bit when he saw it before the stiches. They numbed it with some gel and about 20 mins. later sewed him up and he didn't make a peep. What a trooper. They'll be home in a few and I just can't wait to give him a big hug. My girls are so sweet, they wanted to go out and get him a special stuffed animal to make him feel better...how could I resist?

2. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

that is so sad, what a brave little boy

3. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

aaawww...poor guy! It sounds like he handled it really well, though!

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Your mother probably felt worse about it than he did! Glad he's OK and I hope he loves his sisters' sweet gesture.

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Poor guy. And poor g-mom!!

As I was told when Alice had her stitches a few months ago. . ."Scars create character. But if you don't want character, mederma works wonders."

6. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Oh no! I'm sorry it happened, sorry you weren't there for him when he got sewn up, and sorry your mom probably felt horrible :hug: :hug:

But, I'm glad it was only a few stitches and that he was a trooper for it!

7. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Poor little guy! It sounds like he handled it really well. His sisters are so sweet! :wub: