DS already rolling onto his belly

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by chocomilko, May 24, 2008.

1. chocomilko

chocomilko Well-Known Member

My DS is already rolling onto his belly. And he likes to sleep this way. Thing is he hasn't mastered the roll from his belly to his back yet. Anyone have an early roller? Did you just let them sleep on their belly if they wanted? Is there really anything I could even do to prevent him from it anyhow?

2. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

They sell wedges to keep them in place, but I found with all my babies that once they can roll over they are usually ok to lift their heads and you can't really stop them anyway. Just make sure there isn't any blankets in their bed (you can buy sleep sacks instead) and that their mattress is firm.

3. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Don't try to prevent it. If he's able to roll ONTO his stomach it's okay to sleep on his stomach.. This is the rule of thumb from the NICU. Totally fine. You'll go NUTS if you try to fight it!! I let mine sleep on their stomachs from day one! (They're still here :) )

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ May 25 2008, 05:50 AM) [snapback]791930[/snapback]
    They sell wedges to keep them in place, but I found with all my babies that once they can roll over they are usually ok to lift their heads and you can't really stop them anyway. Just make sure there isn't any blankets in their bed (you can buy sleep sacks instead) and that their mattress is firm.

I agree with Jenny I think its okay not to worry about rolling him back. He will probably just roll back anyway.

5. chocomilko

chocomilko Well-Known Member

yeah, thats kind of what I thought. It's just such a big no no now days that you worry. Thanks

6. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

If they are strong enough to roll, then they can roll away and not suffocate.