dream feeds

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by [email protected], Apr 14, 2009.

Hi, got a question about dream feeds. My six month old daughters are in bed by 7:00 and sleep till 7:00 at least the one does, that is Lucy. Margaux will often wake up around 4:00 and will take some time to go back to sleep but she does and ends up sleeping anywhere from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM. My question is how do we stop the dream feed that we give at around 10:00 before we go to bed - they are being feed about 3 to 4 oz. Do you suggest weening them off it or stop it cold turkey? I think our Lucy might be able to do it with little problem but Margaux is still waking like clock work at around 4 in the morning, she may be more difficult. Thanks, Becky. :)

1. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

when we stopped the dreamfeed, we just dropped it cold turkey. like yours they were only taking 3-4oz at that feeding so we figured they may be able to make it and they did just fine. good luck!

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We stopped cold turkey with the dream feed and were surprised to see that neither girl seemed to miss it - they both continued to sleep through until 4am just fine.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

:welcome:

I never really did a dream feed, but when it came to dropping feeds I just did them cold turkey. GL!

4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I did dream feeds for a long time. I think we dropped them when they were sick, which was a pretty easy transition. All the other feeding we dropped were cold turkey.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

we just dropped our dreamfeed a couple days ago & we also went cold turkey. i had one intermitent fusser the first night for about an hour, but i haven't heard a peep out of them since (at night anyway ;) ).

6. thanks for the replies i tried last nite just 2 oz and they slept through the nite so we will just go for the cold turkey once again thanks for the replies :lol:

7. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ohjojo @ Apr 14 2009, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1272601[/snapback]
    when we stopped the dreamfeed, we just dropped it cold turkey. like yours they were only taking 3-4oz at that feeding so we figured they may be able to make it and they did just fine. good luck!

Same here. We saw the babies weren´t interested in eating very much at the dream feed so we decided to leave them and see what happened. We haven´t looked back since! Great they sttn OK, I´d keep doing what you are!

8. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

Same here.... I just recently stopped this too. My Lo's just hit 6 mo and they started waking at 5am with the dreamfeed so we stopped and they STTN. Sometimes my DD will still wake at 4-5 am but will go back to sleep until 7 or so.

GL!!