Double Jogging Stroller

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sharerc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

I'm wanting a double jogger. Nothing fancy because I know I won't use it often and I already have a Maclaren side-by-side. Looking to spend around $200. I am looking at the Schwinn or the InStep, both with the front swivel wheels. Does anyone have either of these, if so how do you like them? I drive a Nissan Quest with a massive trunk area. Will they easily fold up?

Thanks!

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I LOVE my Schwinn. I bought it in May and have used it almost daily. Paying $220 motivated me to use it more and my butt is disappearing! :) My boys like it too. DH does triathlons and the boys and I go to watch so they wind up being in the stroller 6-8 hours. I love the canopy that moves so the boys are always protected from the sun. I've only needed the rain cover once or twice and it seems to work really well. It's nice to know it's always there. Let me know if you have any other questions!

first time in stroller
    side view
    after Dad's triathlon
    rain tarp

3. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I don't have those, but I do have the Baby Trend one from Babies R' Us and love it. I love that the canopy can block the sun in front. It moves all the way forward and it has speakers built into it for your iPod. I haven't used them yet, but I thought that was cool. I think it cost $180 or so.

4. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

I have the Instep and I love it.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We have an InStep single and really like it. Its SOOOO nice to have the swivel front wheel especially if you aren't going to be using it only to jog.

6. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Will you be running with the stroller? Before making our purchases, we researched online and found that swivel wheels aren't always best for running. (Going uphill and on straight ways, they tend to wobble. But locked wheels can be rough on turns.) Just something to think about. A friend of mine who ran marathons had an Instep and was totally fine with it!

7. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

I don't have either of those, but I second the Baby Trend. We have the same model as the pp, and although I never jog (lazy), its such a breeze to steer, and has a lockable front wheel. Both babies seem pretty comfortable, and its really easy to fold up.

8. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. No I don't run. That would require too much energy! This will mainly be used for trips to the park and my DDs soccer game. I went with the Schwinn. Amazon had an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up!

9. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I really like my Instep Safari double jogger. It's been used daily for two summers, and it has held up really well. It's kind of big but should fit okay in a Nissan Quest. I rarely fold mine up and take it. It mostly stays in the garage and we walk all over the neighborhood, to the beach, and around the area.

I do not jog with it though, just walk. But we use it on all types of terrain (sand, gravel, hills, grass).