Double Jogging Stroller question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Shohenadel, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

We are looking into getting a double jogging stroller and want to know how important it is that the front wheel be a swivel wheel? (looking on Craigslist, etc.) I imagine we'll be using the stroller a lot over the next few years. We go to the beach a lot and go for walks, etc.
    Is the "swivel" a MUST?

thanks for your opinion!
    Shannon

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

For me it was a must! Especially with a heavy double jogger. I hate having to pop the front tire on our single jogger every time I want to make a turn. :gah:

3. rumbo

rumbo Well-Known Member

I think its a must too... I know that a fixed wheel is good for when you are actually jogging, but me... I don't jog, I just use a jogging stroller for walks and it is a pain to lift the wheel everytime I need to turn. I'm looking into buying a swivel wheel for our stroller now.

4. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i agree, it is a must. and most joggers with a swivel wheel have the option for locking it if you need to, like at the beach..

happy shopping!

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think it's a must!

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Another vote for "Must Have"! Our double jogger has a swivel wheel that can be locked for jogging. I just walk quickly with it and occasionally do a 1 min jog to increase my heart rate, but I keep it on swivel the entire time.

7. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Absolutely critical. Imagine having to pick up the front half of the stroller by leaning on the handlebar every time you want to make even a slight change in direction. That's what it's like to walk or jog with a locked wheel. So, unless your streets are perfectly straight and you don't mind lifting the stroller when you want to turn around, you need a swivel wheel.

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

IMO the swivel is a MUST, unless you are really only going to be jogging with it. Our double jogger with a swivel wheel (actually two swivel wheels, because it's a Mountain Buggy) is way more maneuverable than my friend's single jogger with a fixed wheel.

9. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Ditto everyone else. Swivel wheel is a must!

10. Lorem Ipsum

Lorem Ipsum Well-Known Member

It's already been said by everyone else... but yes! The swivel wheel(s) is a must have!

11. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Swivel wheel a definite plus...unless you are going to be using the stoller 100% of the time for jogging, get the swivel wheel, you'll be glad you did.

12. rogerdetroit@msn.com

[email protected] New Member

I agree, the swivel is really helpful. I got a really good deal on last years model of the InStep Safari Double Jogger through WalMart on-line. It is brown and teal, but I saved almost $100 by getting last years colors. Also, check out the Kiddopotamus Sun Shade for double strollers. It will fit almost all side by side brands, joggers and others. It is under $20 and at least doubles the amount of shade the babies get. Mine would not be usable without it.