Does your preschool program offer twins discount

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kumphort, Jan 17, 2011.

1. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Hey! I was wondering if you guys can tell me if your children's preschool, daycare, whatever childcare arrangements you have offer any sort of twin discount, and how it works, is it a specific twin discount, or multi child discount? Is it only available to full time childcare, or any other specifics?

Just trying to figure out what to do with my girls for next year, and want to have something to compare things too

Thanks

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, the preschool my twins currently go to offers a 10% sibling discount on each child's tuition each month. :good: In calling around to about 5 schools (including the preschool my oldest DD went to) this school was the only one who offered any kind of discount. I have to say it's definitely a nice benefit and if they didn't offer it I would not be able to afford to send my two 5 afternoons a week like they are going now. :good:

The preschool they are at is just that, a preschool. It's a church preschool and they only have 1/2 day programs. For 3 year olds the options are 2 or 3 days a week (either 9:00-11:30am or 12:30-3pm) and for 4 year olds they offer 3 or 5 days a week (3 days is m/w/f 9-11:30am and 5 days is M-F 12:15-3pm--this is what my twins currently attend).

3. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Our current preschool is free PreK (state funded).

But we did pay for 3 yr old preschool (run out of a church). It did a 10% discount for for multiple children(siblings, twins, etc). It was only a 1/2 day program twice a week for 3 yr olds. They also had a 4 & 5 yr old program. It was nice.

I looked into a lot of 3 yr old programs. The daycare/preschool combos tended to offer it only if you went fulltime. Most preschool only programs did not offer it in our area- the one we went to was one of the few.

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When I had the twins in daycare, I got a 50 % discount on one twin (the owner was a twin). Their preschool had a 10% sibling discount (on one child).

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

The pre-schools that I've been looking into do offer a sibling discount but it's not much. Good luck in your search!

6. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I called a few preschools and only one had a discount... it was more a daycare than preschool though, and even with the discount it was too expensive. The one they attend doesn't offer a discount, but it's 30% cheaper.

7. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

The one I'm looking into offers 10% off for the second kid.

8. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, we get no discount. Our preschool keeps a really long wait list, so I guess there is no incentive for them to offer us a discount.

9. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My daycare offers a 10% sibling discount.

10. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Ours offered a multi-child discount, but it had to be used for kids on the same days/times. So, while I had two in preschool (the twins), I got a 10% discount. If I had just my older daughter that needed only summer camp at the daycare and one in preschool, I would not have recieved the discount.

11. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Ours gives a 30% discount for the 2nd sibling.

12. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

We get a whopping $5 discount on the second child!

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our program is 2 days a week for 2.5 hours and they offer a 10% discount on total tuition if you have two children enrolled.

14. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your answers, it's interesting to see what ranges there are, it seems like 10% is most common.

15. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Ours didn't. but it was a non-profit preschool, and already was cheaper than everyone else. It is also the best one in the area.

16. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:eek: That is awesome!!

Both preschools that my two have attended have given us 10% a sibling... and from calling many around here, they all pretty much did the same. :good:

17. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Yup, that's what we get. Hey it's something!

18. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we get 10% off the 2nd sibling as well...20% in our old center...

19. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Ours offers a 15% discount for the second child. Not a twin's discount specifically.

20. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

[quote name='K&T's MOM' date='17 January 2011 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1295311406' post='1748633']
    We get a whopping $5 discount on the second child!
    [/quote]
    haha!! you can get a coffee!

21. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Most of the schools we looked at had a twin discount of 10% on one twin. One school did not offer any discount. The one I go to now offered 5% on each kid, but with their computer system, they went to 10% on one. It equals out anyway.