Does anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by babyhopes09, Nov 19, 2010.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Okay..

So I wondered.. does anyone else feel really burned out? I am caught up on sleep, but I just feel so done. I am working part-time and my DH has a commission-based job that is really affected by the economy, so when I am at home I feel like I should be working.. even though I def would rather be with my kids. I feel like I am trapped and not able to make anymore money for our family because childcare for two is just too expensive (I work in a school district). I just feel like I can't get caught up on housework and I'm so distracted by stress right now that I am not being the type of Mommy that I have the potential to be, but I'm doing the best I can.. sorry just need to vent!!! :mellow:

2. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

oh hun, I think we can all honestly say we've been there...or are there.

I know I'm feeling burned out - I'm singlemommy'ing 5 kids, ages 8 and under because my hubby is out west working for us since his job here didn't pan out the way it was supposed to. Between the bills we built up while building our house because of that job not working out we really need the money he can make out there - BUT it means I'm alone here with the kids, the dogs, the cat, the house, the snow, the housework, the bills to pay, hockey to take kids to, riding to take kids to, volunteering at the school...yah, you name it, its on my plate.

I'm totally burnt out too and wish I could tell ya how to get out, but all I can say is give those kids a hug and a kiss and just enjoy them. Its the only way I have found to get through ti.

3. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I know how you feel! I'm going back to work part-time in January, and I am not looking forward to it, but I know it's also necessary. I am stressing over juggling work with finding childcare with asking my MIL to watch them. It's crazy. I already feel I'm stretching myself thin when I'm not working. Here's a :hug: to help stick it out and work through the slump.

4. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

IT is not easy. I think we are all there are times. As for housework when I had a list of what I wanted to get done each day I seemed to do a little better. Mon-Laundry/floors Tues-bathrooms Wed-floors Thurs-etc. While you still ahve the daily stuff of dishes, clean up toys etc-I keep up on the other stuff way better that way plus i don't feel so over whelmed to try to do it all in one day. Then when those chores are done, you can take time to play with the kids. Hope it gets better soon.

5. hsddc

hsddc Well-Known Member

Totally. All the time I feel like this. And we just got over a week when both kids and my husband had the stomach flu (even the dog threw up!)---it was hell and I feel like I got beat up, even though I never actually got sick. My mother-in-law called this weekend to invite us to come visit her across country in a couple months and basically told me she needed an answer right there and then. I almost lost it and screamed, lady! I can barely make it day to day!! (I recovered though and there was no screaming).
    Somehow I thought it would be a good idea to host Thanksgiving this year too. What. Was. I. Thinking???? It's a lot. Working, being a full-time Mom, taking care of the house, your spouse, the rest of your family and whatever else. Try to take some time out for yourself, if you can. Yesterday I just turned to my husband and said, I need an hour. He totally got it (this was after the MIL conversation). So I went out for a walk for an hour--it was a beautiful day and it felt great. It's really important to do that or you're no good to anyone.
    But you're not alone. Sadly, this feeling is all too normal.

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Been there. Done that. Still there. Three years later! :laughing: It's all normal. I worked as a preschool teacher. Having two kids in daycare would have eaten my paycheck. What was the point? Then we added a third 19 months later... LOL! I am a SAHM and there are days where I still can't get the house cleaned, or even the kids dressed! :laughing: Some days are better than others. Some weeks are better than others. Just make sure you take out time for YOU. Destress. Relax(what was that again?). Have YOU time. I find that it helps recharge me and I'm ready to take on the world heads on, even if for only six hours! ;)