Doc appt tomorrow 36w3days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gregje101, Oct 22, 2007.

1. gregje101

gregje101 Well-Known Member

having these girls? what i mean is i have a great pregnancy with no props till last week at 35w i got swollen to the max but bp was good. but i have never felt so terrible. taking care of a 3 year old is kicking my butt! doc said she knew i felt like **** and told me to listen to my body and stay off my feet. so i did all week and feel a lot better i pretty much slept all week! i feel guilty that my poor child just watches tv and i sleep on the couch all day till daddy gets home! well today i went out for the 1st time in a week and once again i am swollen i feel like crap. so my question is should i push for a induction this week? here are a few other thing that i am tring to plan around. Baily turns 3 next saturday and i dont wana be in the hosptial on her bday! also hallowen is wed and i wana be part of that and everyone in my family keeps teliing me not to have them on hallowen!! ok i will cross my legs!! i can careless but anyways i figure if i go later this week that will give me time to get togather and enjoy her bday with her sisters! doc said they are already 6 plus lbs and is sure they are healthy and with both being head down vag should not be a prop. am i being shelfish? i hate sleeping all day and want something to do!!!! what u think? on i am 1 cen dial and baby a is way down and i am thining...

2. tementia

tementia Well-Known Member

i think you should wait until your body goes into labor naturally...thats what im waiting for! i had a lot of swelling around that time too but im fine now i actually went into "false " labor when i was 35/6 and the gave me some kind of medicine that took me from being dilated a 4 to 0...so i say wait it out...i dont trust hospitals..

3. gregje101

QUOTE(tementia @ Oct 22 2007, 10:37 PM) [snapback]462784[/snapback]
    i think you should wait until your body goes into labor naturally...thats what im waiting for! i had a lot of swelling around that time too but im fine now i actually went into "false " labor when i was 35/6 and the gave me some kind of medicine that took me from being dilated a 4 to 0...so i say wait it out...i dont trust hospitals..

i am suprised they stoped you at 35/6 my doc said if i go after 35 she would not stop it and would not let me go past 38. i part of me want to go 38 but a part dont!!!!!! congrats to you and hang in there!!!

4. tementia

yeah thats why i dont trust hospitals. they told me at my appointment 2 weeks prior that if i went into labor naturally they would not try to stop it and my instructions were that if i hard began to have contractions that were five min or less apart for two hours that got stronger to go to the hospital so i did and as soon as i got there she put that iv in my hand and i asked the nurse what she was doing and she said im giving you something to slow the contractions and if they dont slow then we will admit you. well the contractions didnt slow in the next two hours they admitted me and i dilated from a 3 to a four in that time. i went to sleep once and when i woke up they hand new meds in my iv...so i freaked i said what the **** is that and she said antibiotics and i said for what and she said PROBABLY because you have gbs and i said oh probably but do i or dont i so she said well i dont know! so i said why the **** would you give me something without my consent and you dont even know if i have it so she said its a precaution and how far along are you anyway?

ummm yeah to finish that one off i was highly stressed from that point on till they sent me home the next morning with a different doctor telling me that i wasnt even contracting at all and that my cervix was only a two

the following doc appt was the next day and had a diff doc again ( i have 5 rotating docs) who said i was a 3 then the following week i had a dif doc who when he shoved his fat fingers in me and began to have a puzzled look said that i wasnt even dilated...

i left the hospital crying because i was and i am still so confused but they said nothing to me about induction or c section hey just sent me out saying see you back next week for an u/s

whatever you decide to do just make sure you have someone with you to monitor things especially when you sleep because i dont even know what happened in the hospital that day but i havent really been having any contractions or pains since then! and everyone that i have told has been shocked.

thats why i say wait and labor naturally if possible especially if you want to have them vaginally because i think more and more doctors are pushing for c sections with twins and i dont have any facts on that statement except my own doctors but i THINK that its a conspiracy i think that they do not want women to have twins vaginally because they are afraid of malpractice and they are just to damn lazy!

i overheard one of the doctors at my hospital say that twins were a freak of nature and he noticed that i heard and said it was a joke THIS ISNT A JOKING MATTER!!!!!!!!

IM STILL FURIOUS AS YOU CAN SEE PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR DECISION TO INDUCE!

5. gregje101

damn! one thing i am happy about is my ob is the only doc and she is promise to be there. she has no on call doc she handels everything and over the past few year have become 'friends' not like i call her for advice on shoes but we have gone to dinner and have plans after i have the girls to have a girls night out ;) !!! she knows how strong i feel about vag and she shares that as long its healthy for the babies

6. tementia

i am truly happy for you but as for me i really want to make a complaint at my ob and i dont like to complain but i gues i will have to speak up if i want things to be done differently i have been pretty dissapointed throughout my pregnancy and i am a strong believer in natural birth! Please do me a favor when u see ur doc ask her about my situation. ask her specifically about my laboring at 35/6 and them stopping my labor then my cervix closing. i would really like to hear back from you on that one. you really sound like you have a great doctor and i will search for a better doctor on my next pregnancy.

7. gregje101

i will!! i could not imagine not having a 'good' doc during pregnancy! i can understant having a few doc to rotate between but not when they all say somethin different to say!!!