do you sing twice?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by inspiredmommy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. inspiredmommy

inspiredmommy Well-Known Member

Do you sing Happy BIrthday twice? My twins just turned 2 on Saturday and we sang to each one individually but we had some family members that felt it was overkill.

2. inspiredmommy

inspiredmommy Well-Known Member

Do you sing Happy BIrthday twice? My twins just turned 2 on Saturday and we sang to each one individually but we had some family members that felt it was overkill.

3. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

We just sang once, "Happy Birthday Michael and Mikayla...Happy birthday to you."

I think we wanted to hurry up and see them eat their first cake tho! lol

Bridget [​IMG]

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We only sang once. Though I wish I had specified ahead of time how we were going to sing it! Some people said "Amy and Sarah," some said "Sarah and Amy," and a few substituted a second "happy birthday" and said no names at all.

When they get older I guess we may need to sing twice -- it depends whether the girls care.

5. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Nope. No singing twice. They shared a womb they can share a song [​IMG] We do double (or triple, etc) birthdays a lot in my family because there are so many of us we're always combining parties.

6. HBMOMOF2SETS

HBMOMOF2SETS Well-Known Member

I've always sang the song just once with the older boys and did the same for the younger set last May.
    Christine

7. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

Jack and Ally just turned 4, and we did sing it twice. The first time was Happy Birthday Ally and Jack, and the second time was Jack and Ally. They really like to blow out the candles, so that's mainly why we sang it twice, just to let them have another turn at blowing out the candles.

8. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Yup, sing twice (one name/child per song) and each gets their own cake to blow out the candles. They love to sing to each other!

9. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Same here. 2 cakes, 2 songs, 2 blowing out the candles... 2 times the fun!

10. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

We sing once with one cake.

Our families tend to do group birthdays -- we just had a party a few weeks ago for my 2-year-old niece, my 16-year-old nephew, and two BILs -- and everybody gets one cake and one song. It's always good for a laugh to see how people cram in all the names!

11. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

For the 1st birthday, 2 cakes,sang twice. 2nd birthday, one cake, sung twice.. We sing twice for teh blowing candles part for each.

12. 2for1

2for1 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Cristina:
    Same here. 2 cakes, 2 songs, 2 blowing out the candles... 2 times the fun!

Ditto!

13. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

We sing twice. The kids love candles!! Sometimes we've had two cakes sometimes one - actually sometimes we've sung 3 times - one together and one for each girl.

14. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

On their actual birthday with just our family it was 2 cakes, 2 candles and 2 songs. When we had a party with friends later we only sang once.

15. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Nope, we just did it once. If it starts to matter to them when they get older, we will do it twice.

16. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

we do twice i think it is unfair to have to share

17. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

No. We have quite a few double birthdays in my family and we always sing once. Ainsley and Sierra get the same birthday treatment as any other birthdays we celebrate that come on the same day (or week). We also do a rendition of "May the Dear Lord Bless You" to the tune of Happy Birthday after the Happy Birthday song so singing everything twice would amount to 4 songs for us. [​IMG]