Do you remember the best present you got for your one year old?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by LHigh, Dec 11, 2011.

1. LHigh

LHigh Well-Known Member

We're having to buy Christmas presents AND birthday presents within a week of each other and we want to make sure we're getting the things they will LOVE playing with...we're about to hit the long stretch of Chicago winter that makes even adults crazy, so looking to buy something pretty big (slide, swing, climber, tunnel, etc.) in addition to a few smaller things. Any advice would be most appreciated!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmmm....
    Here are some ideas:

-cozy coupe car
    -kangaroo climber(indoor/outdoor)
    -Laugh-n-Learn kitchen/farm/home
    -ride on toys-this is what I get for first birthday gifts and they are BIG BIG hits!

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our wagon is probably the thing we use most from the first birthday. I also second the laugh and learn anything.. my kids still play with that stuff and they're 2.5! Play kitchens are great.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, we got the Laugh N Learn Farm:) All 3 play with it!

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys still play with their LaL House. I put it away for a month and got it out and it's a huge hit!

6. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We inherited a Little Tikes slide, which our boys have indoors now and LOVE. They also have toys to ride on (a Little People fire truck and a Mickey airplane), which they use constantly. The other things they still love after a year are their Little People Noah's Ark and their Little People farm. In fact, I put them both away when they got a few Christmas-themed toys, thinking I would get them back out after Christmas. The next day, they started crying and I had to get them both back out!

7. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

My kids have so many laugh n learn toys. But their most farvorite one for a long time is the indoor little tikes slide. I got it used on Craigslist for 25 bucks. I took the swing part off. They Just got tired of it recently. We will replace it with a Thomas the train table this Xmas. You can't go wrong with a indoor slide. If you have room, you can add a small ball pond so they can slide in.

We also have ride on toys with music. My kids love them and still play with the music now not much ride on those. They ride on their tricycles now. Gl!

Oh and I always buy their toys on Craigslist and upon a child stores. I got many good deal from upon a child stores.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My Pal Scout and Violet are still big hits around here, almost 3 years later.

9. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We had the big Laugh and Learn Kitchen, but I don't think they make the big one anymore. They loved it though!
    And their wagon was a huge hit too. And lasted for a long time! (They still pull each other around in it. They are just too big for me to do it with both of them inside! LOL)

10. LHigh

LHigh Well-Known Member

Oh, great! Several of your suggestions were already on our tentative list, so it's nice to hear that they were a success. And a ball pit pond at the end of a slide...genius! Thank you guys so much!

11. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Our two best (and still very popular) were the cozy coupe (I would suggest getting 2 bc our girls fight terribly over it!) and the big fisher price house (think it is laugh and learn)..

12. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

My older three played with the L & L house more than the twins. lol

I love the Kangaroo Climber. I had it inside for a while and then moved it outside permanently. I would bring it back in again but it's quite dirty from being outside for so long.

13. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Laugh and Learn Home, Kitchen and Farm RULE!

14. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

E&C love the Playschool ride on toy and their climbing toy with a slide and swing on it. They're getting Cozy Coupes for Christmas and I think they're going to love those as well.

15. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Mine still play with all their Little People at almost four.

16. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

Bilibo. They love it! In fact, I'm getting a second one for their second birthday.

17. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

Their Kangaroo Climber or their play kitchen!

18. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

the busy ball popper...lots of easy fun for long play time!