Do you have a wagon? What kind?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Danibell, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have a wagon from our older kids, it's 100% plastic basically, and it's starting to dry rot.

Problem is, we need a wagon that pulls good in the sand, because we use it to haul stuff when we go to the beach in the summer.

I think we're going to have to get this Radio Flyer one because the air tires should go better across sand than smaller plastic tires. But it doesn't have seat belts for the twins....although I can make something if I have to. Anyone have this and have used it at the beach??

Anyone have a different one they've used at the beach that worked good??

TIA! :give_rose:

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

My ILs got our boys the Radio Flyer Voyager Canopy Wagon for their first birthday present. We really like it, but it doesn't have the air tires. :( The ATW you linked or this one look like the only ones that have air tires and high enough sides so that the little ones won't fall out. I think you could rig up some straps for your LOs.

I like our Voyager, but I really wish we'd asked for one that had a storage bag on the back!!

Good luck! :)

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We have the radioflyer pathfinder with a clip on canopy. We like it for what we've used it for, but haven't had to pull it in the sand so I don't know how it holds up.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the same kind as Valerie, we have not tried it in the beach to see how it holds up there. Hopefully we'll be able to try it out over the summer at the beach.

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

We have the one Valerie linked and it doesn't do well in dry sand. I did have it full of stuff so I'm sure that didn't help but it was a pita!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well ours is always full of stuff too! :p I figure this will be the only year we need to pull the twins to the beach, they can start walking next year (albeit very slow I'm sure!!). I was just curious if anyone had tried any other wagons in sand or had ones they absolutely loved! :good:

7. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

We have this wagon, the Step 2 with canopy, and it's AWESOME! You can push it forwards or pull it behind you ( I tend to do the former)...it has storage under one of the seats, cupholders for the kiddos, cupholders for the adults for coffee/drinks and a little storage space up top for wipes, snacks, etc... I highly recommend it! You can see a pic of my duo in it next to my ticker:)

8. CVH

CVH Member

We have a Radio Pathfinder and we love it (Radio Flyer 2700Z Pathfinder Wagon, Red) and it has seat belts which is something I love.

We have not used it on sand yet but it has been used on dirt paths and through mud and we have not had any problems.

9. SheriBrownDion

SheriBrownDion Well-Known Member

We have the ATW cargo wagon #29 http://www.radioflyer.com/products/wagons/29.asp. Its similar to the one you are considering, but 3 inches longer and 1 ince deeper. I have not pulled it in sand, but have on earth-pine needle paths. Not quite the same, but it's been a great wagon. Sand is tough to pull anything through if it's loaded down - even a bicycle usually needs to be pushed-pulled-tugged. We love our cargo wagon. It does not have seatbelts and yes one of my little guys did fall out once, but only once - we have not had any issues since. They are very good about sitting down. This wagon can also hold all 3 of my boys.

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We have the radio flyer pathfinder and I hate it. But we live in a really hilly area, and those little plastic wheels don't do well on the dirt with hills. Its very hard for me to pull it. I would definitely recommend finding one with the inflatable wheels.