Do you feel like they spend half the day...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by littletwinmom, Sep 16, 2007.

1. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

So I'm moving L and O to solids 3 times a day, and it already seem like they're in their highchairs all day! Looks something like this

7:00 Bottle in High Chair
    8:00 Solids in High Chair
    11:00 Bottle in High Chair
    12:00 Solids in High Chair
    3:00 Bottle in High Chair
    5:00 Solids in High Chair
    6:00 Bottle in High Chair

Am I missing something??? What are you doing?

I was doing solids/bottle in the same sitting for dinner, but they seem to get too full and not finish, thus I moved solids to 5 and bottle at 6, bed at 7:00.

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Our feeding schedule looks almost like that except that I use either bouncy chairs or boppys on the floor to feed. I do feel like all I do is feed children. :D

Rachel

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

We did bottles on the floor in boppies, and then walking around when they started walking. Food in the high chair. I still feel like we spend a load of time in our high chairs though. :blink:

4. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

Our schedule is pretty similar to yours. And yes, they feel like they are eating all day long. It is kind of a pain to have to clean up so much.

Mine are 9.5 months old.

5. Monika2006Twins

Monika2006Twins Well-Known Member

I can kind of relate... although I'm nursing 3x a day and we do that in bed. They get meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) in the highchair, but snack are usually outside or somewhere else if we're out and about.

But I know what you mean, there is a lot of feeding going on... I've felt my life is all about food for awhile now, especially when I also consider the time I spend cooking, cleaning up after meals, feeding myself, and getting groceries! Not to mention meal planning.

6. Monika2006Twins

Monika2006Twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Monika2006Twins @ Sep 17 2007, 04:21 AM) [snapback]410793[/snapback]
    I can kind of relate... although I'm nursing 3x a day and we do that in bed. They get meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) in the highchair, but snack are usually outside or somewhere else if we're out and about.

But I know what you mean, there is a lot of feeding going on... I've felt my life is all about food for awhile now, especially when I also consider the time I spend cooking, cleaning up after meals, feeding myself, and getting groceries! Not to mention meal planning.

7. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I was doing the same amount of feedings at that age although, like pp's, we were doing bottles on their boppies on the floor. It DOES seem like they are always in there though. It gets better!!

8. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

hahaha I felt the same way around that age, now they eat a little bit faster so it's not so laborious.... :D

9. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

I'm here with you all too! Either feeding babies or putting them down for a nap!