Do you ever feel like a doozer..

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Rollergiraffe, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The worst purchase that we have made for the kids is their skip hop foam mat. I had a gift certificate to a fancy baby store and I thought the mat would be great, it was tested for infants and it actually matched my living room colours. I think it took about 2 days for my kids to figure out how to dismantle it, and now we have to assemble the stupid thing at least twice a day. And they just learned how to transport the pieces around more effectively:

Miles and his foam skirt
    Passing each other
    Austin with his foam necklace

I think I have rebuilt that thing a thousand times already... and as I rebuild, they are right behind me, dismantling. (Here is an explanation of doozers, in case you don't remember fraggle rock!)

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

O M G ... I bought the same exact mat when the girls were teeny tiny. I loved how it matched our decor and it wasn't a typical alphabet mat. Once the girls were mobile that was the end of the mat. The pieces were everywhere! They chewed on them and actually ate part of it. lol I finally had to pack it up and it's been sitting in the garage for over a year. Ugh.

Those pictures are so cute though! ;)

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

:laughing:

And that is why we have 2 packages of those large foam square puzzle and alphabet mats packed up in our playroom's closet! Adorable pics! :wub:

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:rofl:

i :wub: Fraggle Rock!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: your boys are so adorable!

Count me as another Fraggle Rock fan...great show!

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

ugh! I agree though the pictures are adorable!!! We were given an ABC mat for the kids 1st bday, and I don't think I even got it all put together before it got teeth marks in it! of course the thinner ABC mats say for 3 &up... I gave up and put it away. I finally brought the Step2 slide/climber thing inside the living room since its so hot here, and realized I needed extra cushion... so at 2 yrs and 3 months I brought out that ABC mat and the first day they took it all apart but now it stays pretty much in place. ... so if you really don't want your mat ruined maybe put it away for a while...

good luck! your two are pretty cute and smart, sounds like you are taking it in stride!

7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am glad I am not the only one whose kids have destroyed the mat. It definitely makes me wonder who would ever design such a thing.. clearly no one with children!

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Hey, I think you got your money's worth out of those pictures; they're hilarious! :laughing: We don't have that mat, but I feel the same way about my guys' train table. I spend a lot of time building elaborate track layouts, and they come behind me and destroy them like Godzilla over Tokyo. <_<

I :wub: Fraggle Rock too. I remember that my nephew loved that show, and I though the music was great.

9. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

:wub: Awww, cute pics! And love fraggle rock and totally feel like a doozer on some days!! :gah: