Do those "teething tablets" really work?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by marleigh, Apr 6, 2010.

1. marleigh

marleigh Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I'll try anything right now to help DS...who is miserable. Seems hokey...but do those Hyland Teething Tabs really work?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thought the same thing but I picked up a bottle and they really seemed to work! I don't know the reason why, but they seemed to calm my girls down. The other thing that helped were the Orajel swabs. If you can get your baby to suck on the swab it numbs the whole mouth. They gave my girls lots of relief! I couldn't get real orajel into their mouths.

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My pediatrician highly recommended them and so we tried them and they worked really well for us. Plus, the Hylands teething tablets are all natural.

4. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

They have worked wonders on all four of mine. I can't tell you how many times I've given them to one of my kids and had them fall asleep within a few minutes because they suddenly felt better.

5. beckman445

beckman445 Well-Known Member

Yep, work for our house of boys too :ibiggrin:
    Laura

6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Another vote for yes from me!! :good:

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also vote yes, they have been very helpful when the kiddos are teething.

8. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing, but they seem to work well :)

9. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i don't know if they medically work, but they helped us. maybe it was just the distraction of me throwing a couple of those tablets in their mouths that would make them stop crying and start thinking about something else... lol.