Do identical twins have the same fetal heart rate?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Chrissy2010, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

what was your twins heart rate at around 15 weeks. Mine are 154 and 156. Can that be a sign of identical?

2. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

no, the heart rate varies from second to second, anywhere from 110-170, and a similar rate has absolutely nothing to do with them being identical or not. just a coincidence.

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Mine didn't. They were similar, but not the same, and as pp said, it's not an indication of identical or not.

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

No. They are two different people, and their hearts will beat at a different rate. I agree it's just a coincidence.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were di/di, so the doc's told me they'd probably be fraternal. Their heartrates were such that we were prepared for a boy/girl combo. I think it has more to do with size- a hummingbird's heartbeat is much faster than an ox.

6. Aimless

Aimless Member

each babies heartbeat changes from moment to moment, getting much higher when the baby is active, and lower when the baby is resting.

7. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I have mono-di boys - mine were generally 20 beats apart ...

8. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My girls are frats and I had to have an u/s almost every visit to make sure there were 2 hb's because they were so similar in sound and beats per minute. My girls ran consistently in the low 140's, always within 5 of each other.

9. mommy2kaleigh

mommy2kaleigh Active Member

I'm having mono-di (identical) boys and they vary up to 20 beats sometimes too.

10. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Mine were di/di identical and they ran within 5 points of each other. Sometimes right on.

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My girls are fraternal and their heart rates were almost always exactly the same - that is why I got an ultrasound at every visit they could not distinguish between the two with the doppler!