Did you know that mouse poison is not all that toxic to humans?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Oct 11, 2007.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

The wonderful people at Poison Control helped me out today after the boys found a box of pellets the previous owners left behind hidden in the space behind the central air intake vent. The vent cover opens with latches instead of screws and you can bet I'll be installing some screws tonight.

Oh, and in case you're wondering where I was when they went into the crawlspace and played with mouse poison, I was upstairs taking apart two crib tents that were smeared end to end with poop because they woke from their nap with a BM and I wasn't quick enough. I also learned that the tents wash very well in lingerie bags in case you need to wash yours. So, I heard a noise like a box of paperclips being shaken, realized they were no longer in the hall outside their room, and ran down to see what they were into. Then, I completely freaked out and was so glad I have the Poison Control number programmed into the phone as the very first selection.

My naptime shower today was SO not worth it.

2. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I'm so glad everything is ok! What a horrible day you've had! :hug99:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I'm glad everyone is ok. Sorry about the shower! I hope it gets better!

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:eek: Ouch! Sounds like you had a fun day. Thank God that they are okay...and the tents were saved! :D I hope the rest of your day was more peaceful.

5. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

How Scary...glad you're super mommy instincts were in full-force and that the boys are ok!

We had to call poison control on their first bday, and we were only 3 steps away when it happened. They are just soooo fast!

I think you & I should get together and write a book on Creative Childproofing. ;)

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

OMG -- your boys get into things I couldn't possibly think of in a million years. I'm so glad it didn't hurt them.