Did/Does anyone use a folding potty seat when out?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by melissao, Nov 22, 2006.

1. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting THIS potty seat to use when we're out (at the library, museum, etc.) Did/does anyone use this? I'm just wondering if it really fits in your bag, etc. or if it would be a waste of money.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting THIS potty seat to use when we're out (at the library, museum, etc.) Did/does anyone use this? I'm just wondering if it really fits in your bag, etc. or if it would be a waste of money.

Thanks [​IMG]

3. my boys

my boys Member

I use it everywhere I go! Unfortunately I must have the older model that doesn't have the handles, but that would be a great improvement, as I am always telling the boys not to touch the potty!! It does fit in my purse and the kids love it!

4. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

We have a similar one that I got a Meijer for around $8.00. Emma loves it and it fits nicely in my bag. HTH.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Yes, I had one of those. I didn't like it as well as the one I got in my local Meijer or Walmart. I got her a Dora and Sponge Bob one. I don't know the brand though. That one is a bit more flimsy and doesn't stay on the seat as well as the other ones I got. I does fold up nicely and does fit into a diaper bag. I loved having the folding potty seats with Isabel.

6. thompsontwinners

thompsontwinners Well-Known Member

I got it but haven't used it. The girls don't like public restrooms at all right now and haven't had much exposure. So we usually go in the car before and after if needed. We use the FP on the go potty for the car. When I have been in a public restroom with them. I usually sit on the toilet and have them sit between my legs and I help support them. The noise, if busy can be so overwhelming.
    I did get this seat and we still have it. Who knows, we might use it down the line, but right now we just make sure they practice before and after we go out. I don't think my girls think there are bathrooms at places we go so I think they just hold it. It is nice for me since they never have accidents when we are out and about. They will hold it till they get home unless we have been out for awhile and then they go in the potty in the car. I think as soon as my girls have got the whole potty thing down that that is when I will venture to public restrooms more. HOpe it works!

7. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I haven't used that product, but we have two of this for when we are out with the big girls. They are great, and the girls were/are very happy using them. They are not as compact as the fold up seat, but they don't take up much more room than the few nappies they replace, and I think they probably feel more secure to the child who's sitting on them.

8. LLA

LLA Well-Known Member

We have a folding potty seat for when we are out. It works pretty well.

9. micheleinohio

micheleinohio Well-Known Member

We have the Elmo one from Walmart like the Dora one mentioned in a PP. I used it a lot with Michael since he trained so early. I didn't use it at all with Michael because a couple weeks after he trained he started standing up.

10. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I use it all the time with my dd. I put it in a grocery bag, all folded over. It makes it easy to hang it on the door to the restroom while I deal with dd...and it keeps me from getting grossed out when I put it back in my bag. I guess I must be a germaphobic or something. And then when I clean it I just change the bag... don't bother with the ziplock bag they usually include...no convenient handles for hanging it and it rips really easily.