Diaper Removal Mess

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SnowCraig, Aug 4, 2008.

1. SnowCraig

SnowCraig Well-Known Member

I am sure many of you have similar stories, but I had to share.

Our kids were taking a great nap yesterday - almost 3 hours. I was ready to go upstairs and check on them because we were going to go out that afternoon and I wanted to get things moving along. Then I heard DD "talking" so I thought...great...they are up...I'll go get them.

Well, as soon as I opened the door I smelled a problem. And there was my DD in her crib, completely covered in poop!! I had let her sleep in her diaper and a t-shirt since it was warm in their bedroom. Something I commonly do, but will not do anymore! She had removed her diaper and had a little party with the contents! There was poop in the sheets (which I had just changed), on the bumper, on the crib rails, and on the wall near her crib. She had it in her hair, on her face, on her feet, and all over her hands. She was a little bewildered looking but all smilles. I had to call my husband for "back-up" and told him to bring plastic bags, paper towels, and other cleaning supplies. I plunked her in the tub while he cleaned up. It was so gross!!!

The funny thing is my DS was bouncing and laughing in his crib the whole time we were dealing with the situation. I wonder what he thought about it all!! :pardon:

Just had to share!

Jessica

2. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: For me :bad: for you. Sounds gross, but one day you will laugh!

3. somebunniesmom

somebunniesmom Well-Known Member

Oh yes! You will one day find this is a great story to retell. My girls love the story of the morning I discovered they had created a "poop mural" in thier bedroom. Fortunately for you, you had back up help. I didn't. I opened that door and my mind could absolutely not process the sight. I literally had no idea how to deal with it. I called my husband at work and said I don't know what to do, so he coached me, "clean the kids first, then deal with the room". I just couldn't formulate a plan on my own at that moment!

Hopefully your DS wasn't inspired to imitate his sis when you are least expecting it!

4. Gabe+2more

Gabe+2more Well-Known Member

My best friend's son did that. EWWWWW!

Something I've done, since I realized they could get their diapers off, I put a small piece of duct tape over the tabs. Otherwise, they'd be out of their diapers and having a grand ole time!

5. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

OMG. I am dreading the day that happens to me. I can only imagine how gross that was for you.

6. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Been There, Done That :)

7. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Yeah, see, that would have been the last time I allowed no pants! :lol:

I'm kidding, I can't tell you how many times Kevin has done that!