diaper rash

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by eagleswings216, Feb 15, 2011.

1. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Have any of you had trouble with the Pampers Baby Dry diapers causing a diaper rash? My LO's never had a diaper rash until a couple of weeks ago. We mostly use Target brand diapers, but my MIL bought us two boxes of the Baby Dry diapers, and we have been fighting the diaper rash off and on for a couple of week. But, they are also teething, and have had a cold in that time period and thus have had more BM's than normal, so I'm not sure the diapers are the cause. We used to use Baby Dry as overnight diapers before they grew into the Huggies Overnights, but I think that was before Pampers started changing things.

We also switched wipes to Huggies Natural Care Cucumber (got them for a great price at Costco). So I guess it could also be them, but I have used those wipes before when we got a good deal or a coupon and didn't have problems.

2. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced any rashes, but my SIL had the same problem when Pampers changed their diapers. I hate to jump to conclusions, but it's probably the diapers.

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Yes, horrid ones. And those blue Huggies that look kind of like denim. Both of those have given Spencer terrible rashes. I complained to Huggies and they sent me coupons for free diapers, which was great because I really like their other normal least expensive ones the best. I didn't say anything to Pampers because I haven't liked any of them so free diapers would be dumb. Either they give him a rash or they leak through his clothes with every single diaper.

4. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

I use Baby Dry with no problems. Pampers also has a DRY MAX that is causing some problems for people. I personally don't like Huggies wipes because I find them dry and have to use lots to get bums clean, are you finding this? Maybe too much hard wiping is causing the rash?

5. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

never had any issues with these. We've been using them since the babes grew out of swaddlers. I was wary of the dry max pampers bc I heard about rashes. We've only used the pampers sensitive wipes and overall no issues there. We have the odd rash but nothing too bad.

Hope it passes soon :)

6. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that, but I guess that is possible. I started back with the Target diapers tonight....if this keeps being an issue, I'm going to switch the wipes, too. I don't know hat else it could be - nothing else has changed, so it seems like it has to be one of those two things.

7. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

One DD got terrible diaper rash from Pampers when they changed. We switched to Huggies and the problem was solved.