Diaper rash cream with Cloth diapers

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by scrappycindy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

We started using Fuzzibunz a couple of months ago. Hannah, for whatever reason has very sensitive skin and will get a rash if I don't get a poopy diaper changed within 2 minutes. I know I'm not supposed to use the cream with the cloth diapers. What does everyone else do?

2. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

You could try coating her bum to create a barrier. I would do this while her bum is rash free and hopefully it would prevent the rash from appearing. I didn't like vaseline, so I used lanosil cream. The kind breastfeeding mums use for sore nipples. I use Motherease diapers with flushable liners and didn't have any problems.

3. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

at first I used my flannel wipes (that I made) as a liner inside the diaper... but then realized that they would only keep the wet next to her skin unlike the suedecloth of the diapers we have... so then I had some microfleece material I'd bought from a diaper fabric company (not knowing what I was buying...) it was www.wazoodle.com it works great as a liner. literally you just cut it into what you need... you don't need to do any sewing. Looks like the inside of the fuzzi bunz is a fleece, so this may work perfectly for you...

we have to use petroleum jelly at almost every diaper change with my dd and if she does get a rash I add the diaper cream... I have at least 30 of these liners ... and they are a lifesaver for the diapers.

good luck.

4. beckman445

beckman445 Well-Known Member

I know my cloth diaper store has a diaper rash cream specifically for c.d. We haven't had any diaper rash problems so I haven't really looked into it. But here's the link to the two products they offer.

Diaper Rash Cream

Laura

5. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

The el cheapo fleece that you cut as a diaper liner works really well, and it also helps keep that "wet" feeling off the tushie. Like PP said, no sewing necessary as fleece does not fray.

6. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

I always found corn starch to be very effective, and 100% safe for cloth diapers.

7. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I second the corn starch. Also there is Bum Bum balm. I tried that magic stick that was shown above but didn't care for it at all. Or like other posters said just put a good liner in. As far as I know the worst thing that will happen is they will coat your diapers and you will have to strip them more frequently.

8. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

that's great... I had some extra fleece - printed patterns - and used it thinking I'd get some extra liners, and it seemed to make their bottoms really red. who knows, maybe there was another issue... I just never tried regular fleece again. that would indeed be easier than ordering online!

9. daisie31

daisie31 Member

I use Miracle Salve from Kerry's herbals (online company) that is safe for cloth, it's olive oil based. I love it and love the earthy scent.

Dena