Diamonds!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mommymauro, Apr 1, 2008.

1. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

It just hit me… since I made it to April; my boy’s birth stone is a Diamond (just like DS)… oh bring on the mommy birthstone ring :clapping: !!!!
    Ok but if I make it to the scheduled c-section (Friday, May 2nd) it will be an Emerald… maybe I can convince my Dr to bump it up to Wednesday, April 30th instead :8714bumper:

(totally kidding :laughing: … would never jeopardize my boys over a stone…)

:rolleyes: Elizabeth

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They are both nice stones, that's for sure. :)

That said my sister was determined to have her DD in July (she was 38 weeks at the time) because she wanted a ruby birthstone for her instead of peridot. :) Peridot is mine, so I was a bit offended. :lol:

3. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Apr 1 2008, 07:33 AM) [snapback]698455[/snapback]
    Peridot is mine, so I was a bit offended. :lol:

So is mine… and I have some great piece with that stone… plus green is my fav color…

4. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

lol you made me laugh :) thats funny tho

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(e mauro @ Apr 1 2008, 10:46 AM) [snapback]698745[/snapback]
    So is mine… and I have some great piece with that stone… plus green is my fav color…

:)

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I've told this story on TS before, so forgive me for the repeat. When the twins were born, dh was asking me what their birthstones were going to be. I told him Ruby (RED) because they had an Early August due date. Yep, July 23rd. Well, turns out he got me a new wedding ring set and the band has three small stones on it. Two of them were red and the other a diamond. Well, considering this pregnancy was a pleasant surprise (twins were IVF), I claim dh was planning it because this boy's birthstone will more than likely be a diamond. No need to change the ring at all. However, I've ALWAYS wanted a May baby. (Love that birthstone) I'm good for April though! :)

7. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

This is too funny -
    Okay, so I need to share my story. :p

My girls were born in May - Emerald - well I was born in April - and yes DIAMONDS are my best friend. :yahoo:

Well for our 10 year Anniversay (January 2008) - my DH surprised me with a Diamond princess cut ring w/ a 2 emerald stones - one on each side of the ring. Yup, he specifically picked the diamond and the cut/shape of the emeralds and designed it. I was shocked (since men don't usually think of these things - LOL) but very excited. :banana:

8. erwelch

erwelch Well-Known Member

I hope you get your ring, a diamond birthstone would be perfect! You better start dropping hints already.

9. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

My birthstone is Peridot (August 14th) and my due date with the twins is August 22nd. Funny thing is my mom's due date with me was August 21st. My daughters due date was January 14th and she was born on December 31st. My husband found a great bracelet that he was going to get me for Mothers day this year with the kids birthstones in them, but I told him to wait until after they are here!!! LOL!!!

10. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I told people I wasn't going early because I wanted sapphire boys rather than peridot (sorry peridot ladies, I'm just not into it). I still haven't gotten my ring, though :mellow:

11. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who thinks about these things! My edd is June 18th but my OB said I wouldn't go past the 1st of June. But the 1st is a Sunday. I doubt they'd do an induction or c-section on the weekend. Which leaves me wondering if I'll end up with another May (Emerald) child like DS#1 or add some pearls to my collection. DS#2 is October and I have a beautiful ring with an opal center and emeralds all the way around.

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Funny, I was just saying something to my sister about this yesterday. She is due on Apr 9th with her second. I first said she would probably go on my Nana's bday (March 30), when she didn't I decided she is having a girl who is holding out for the diamonds!

13. anippy

anippy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(debid @ Apr 1 2008, 02:58 PM) [snapback]699297[/snapback]
    I told people I wasn't going early because I wanted sapphire boys rather than peridot (sorry peridot ladies, I'm just not into it). I still haven't gotten my ring, though :mellow:

Haha, I felt that way with my son! His due date was August 31st but he hung in there a full extra week. I already had a gorgeous sapphire ring, so hubby gave me grief about not getting another one. :) I got a matching necklace instead.

My mom works in a jewelry store, so she is constantly pestering me about stones. She's all worked up that she can't pre-order me a mother's ring with all 3 kids' birthstones in it, in case the twins come early.