denver & Indiana

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by natasha163, Sep 6, 2007.

1. natasha163

natasha163 Well-Known Member

hi, we don't know what we are having yet, but i am already searching for names...

so far for girls we are stuck on:

Denver Grace & Indiana (Addison)(Rose)(Ella)(for middle names)

we also like reagan, bailey

for boys we are stuck but have in mind...

Kohen & Coby
    Kirby
    deacon
    miles
    tate

what do you think or do you have any other suggestions.

2. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

I don't like Indiana Ella...thats hard to say :) BUT, I do love both of those names...just not together. I really like Addison but thats an awful long name. I think Rose is my favorite and honestly, I've never been a huge fan of it, but Indiana Rose sounds so good together! i'm completely sold on Denver Grace, too!

I like Kohen and Deacon...Kohen and Coby got me tongue tied :)

3. MSB1203

I've changed my mind :D The more I say Indiana Ella the more I like it! Its growing on me. I actually wanted Madison to be Ella but our last name is Bell. :p

4. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I like don't like Denver for a name but LOVE Indiana!
    I like Savannah and Sydney for g/g :)

I like Kobe and Kohen
    Also like:

Rose for mn
    Delaney
    Dakota
    Madison

5. avasophiamom

avasophiamom Well-Known Member

Denver Grace & Indiana Ella/Indiana Rose/Indiana Addison:
    Not a huge fan of Denver, (I prefer Reagan) but Grace is super cute! Indiana Rose is adorable - the other two middle names don't sound right with Indiana.

For boys, I really like Deacon Tate and Miles Kohen.

6. rayelynn

rayelynn Well-Known Member

Definitely do not like Denver, but love Indiana.

7. natasha163

QUOTE(rayelynn @ Sep 7 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]397758[/snapback]
    Definitely do not like Denver, but love Indiana.

ok, so we'll go with indiana rose...
    we've been stuck on denver grace for about 4 years and is my hubbys fav,

just a question...as an aussie, does it bother you guys that we use american place names as baby names.I've been on another naming site where names like montana, indiana, alaska, etc austin, get crusified.

i've been to the states and loved it and so feel comfortable naming babies after places from a country i loved.

just curious from the few that didn't like denver...why? does it not sound like a girls name, name or is it just yucky?

thankyou for any help.

8. natasha163

other girls names i thought about about (place names) were Missoula or missouri ( missy for short) but i wasn't sure if they were feminine enough.

does anyone else have any usa place name suggestions? we already have a georgia here(we live in a small town) and i've alwyas wanted to call my daughter savannah, but my friend just called her girl avannah.

9. Renald99

Renald99 Well-Known Member

I worked with a girl who's name was Brindiana. She went by Brin. Just a thought. I like Denver for a boy.

Some other thoughts for place names: Carolina, Lousinana (sp?), Sydney, Paris...I could keep going. There are also a lot of names of places in Hawaii that are quite feminine sounding. (Kehena comes to mind...its a beach...but it means underworld so its probably not a good choice ;) )

10. MSB1203

I know a lady who has 3 kids named: Dakota, Kansas, and Jersey.

11. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

Charlotte is a place as well as a more common name her too. I think Indiana is different, I guess I have never thought of using State names as a name. Denver reminds me of someone that's older...or like countryish....like John Denver. I dunno...it's the famous people thing...like i have room to talk - we're deciding on Payton or Ashton and they're both famous actors names. As for the ? about how we feel, i think it's different..infact, if you all are naming your babies after states from teh US what about sharing some ideas of names that are more common around you that may not be common around here. Know what i mean?

amanda

12. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I think that it is nice that you liked our country so much you want to use US place names.

I also think Denver is more masculine, it also makes me think of being snowed in at the airport :angry: .
    Even though it end in ana, I also think of Indiana as a boys name, because of Indiana Jones.
    While I like Missy (that's what I was called until I started university) Missouri is terrible for a name in my mind. I'm from a neighboring state and a lot of people intentially misspronounce it Misery.

Dakota can be a boy or a girl.
    Maddison is a great city.
    Lousiana would work, but it's kind of a mouthful.
    Nevada could also work as a girls name.
    America is also a nice girl's name.
    My cousin wanted to name is daughter Wyoming, but his wife filled out the birthcertificate and put Heather, when he'd gone home to shower! :p
    For boys you could use Washington or Lincoln, both places and great men.
    Or Kentucky (nn Kenny)

There are also lots other pretty native American place names that are not famous places, so few people in Australia would know that's what they are.
    I like Keokuk and Taliqua for example.

13. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(natasha163 @ Sep 8 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]398130[/snapback]
    just a question...as an aussie, does it bother you guys that we use american place names as baby names.I've been on another naming site where names like montana, indiana, alaska, etc austin, get crusified.

Yup, hate it. I just don't like those as names. (Sorry, just my opinion) Those are places, not names IMHO.

Denver is also very masculine.

I love Charlotte though. It's both a name and a place. :D

14. TwinMama6

Funny you ask about place names,I am an American living in Australia for 5 1/2 years,half our kids were born in each country! The two oldest are Savannah and Sydney and had NO idea we'd end up living in Sydney,Australia one day!!! Anyway,I didn't intentionally name them after places so I don't mind it either way. Denver is more of a boys name IMO but I LOVE Indiana for a girl! Dakota and Montana are more girly now too I think! I know someone from another parenting messege board just had a baby boy named Boston Alexander and Brooklynn is very popular for girls as well these days....SO ,I say use whatever you like!

Oh,and I do LOVE the name Georgia but would never use it because I already have a Savannah! LOL! (Georgia Ruby is CUTE!)!

15. TwinMama6

Oh,how about
    Indiana and Georgia
    OR
    Indiana and Irelynn

16. natasha163

thanks for your opinions.

i like indiana and geogia, maybe i should just go with an earlier name, savannah and indiana?

Ummm...some aussie suggestions

BOY - burke, clancy, banjo,cobar, dalby (pronounced dol-by), darcy

GIRL - sydney, adelaide (pronounced ad- el- aid), narelle, raelene, merrin, darcy and one of my favourites....airlie(pronounced air-lee)

aboriginal girl ( camira, jarrah, Kalinda, kadee, kirra,mallee, marlee

aboriginal boy (lowan

if i come up with anymore aussie names i will post them.

17. TwinMama6

Yeah,Savanna and Indiana are good!!

Also,more aussie ones:

Victoria
    Kylie
    ???

18. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I live in Indiana and never thought of using it as a name...its different