Decorating the Nursery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kdanielleflowers, Aug 20, 2008.

1. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

So my DH has come up with the idea to decorate the nursery with a "things that come in twos" theme. Only one small problem...all I've come up with so far are shoes, socks, gloves and boobs! LOL

Any ideas?

2. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

That's an interesting theme!! I suppose you can put any items in as long as they come in pairs! Bears, dolls, toys, heart shapes, etc!!! Double the joy, double the happiness!!

3. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

What about Dr. Seuss Thing 1 & Thing 2?? That is the first thing that came to mind! I think it would be so cute...u could have someone paint a mural on the wall of a page from the book!

4. Hananielsgirl

Hananielsgirl Well-Known Member

How about Noah's Ark?

5. teeveegirl

teeveegirl Member

Maybe birds and bees? Or two peas in a pod?

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Noah's Ark always comes to mind as gender neutral. Do you know what you are having?

7. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

LOL! Boobs! I can just see it if HGTV comes to your house: "And here we see the nursery! My what a novel wallpaper border!" LOL!
    I like the Thing 1 and Thing 2 idea, but mainly cause that's what we call the babies since we don't know sex yet. Noahs Ark is a super cute one too, although, I'm Pagan, so I don't know how that would work out either...lol! It's a tough one-it's like a Jeopardy category "I'll take things that come in 2's for 500, Alex!"

Here is a website that has pics of animal "twins" (they may not be true twins, but they sure are cute!) and I bet you could email the lady and get permission to print them out for some adorable and inexpensive artwork. They'd be gorgeous all printed in black and white with matching frames in a group or a row!

http://desicolours.com/animal-twins/12/07/2008/

Some breeds of animals that have "true" twins are pandas, koalas, whales, bears, tigers, wolves, elephants and lambs. Well, and armadillos, but a armadillo themed nursery is potentially weird! LOL! Maybe that might help?

Becky

8. twinmommy2B2008

twinmommy2B2008 Well-Known Member

LOL for the pp. Someone had to come in my office to make sure I was okay!

I suggested things that come in pairs as a baby shower game to my sister. I thought it would be cute to see what people come up with. I was like you though-I thought of shoes, socks, gloves and boobs too!

I will have to get back on after my shower on Sept. 6th and let you know what everyone came up with! Maybe that will give you some ideas!

9. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

Ilike the Thing 1 and 2 idea too. The 2 peas in a pod is super cute too Do you know what they are gonna be?

April

10. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Such great ideas! We don't know their sex yet, but will find out next Thursday, so that will help a lot in the decision making process.

Thanks for all the response.

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

BOOBS!!! that's too funny!! if you breastfeed, the boob themed nursery may be very soothing to them LOL!!!

Noah's ark is a good one! now I feel like I am on a mission to find things that come in pairs!! I'll keep thinking and let you know if I come up with anything else!!

12. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

If they're girls, cherries come in clumps of 2, and they're cute and bright.