DD lost her first tooth!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Wow talk about a shock. I noticed a couple weeks ago that one of her bottom teeth was sideways, today I noticed it was worse and I started to worry about it... and she just came to me with the tooth in her hand and she told me it fell off. I was worried she had got hurt somehow and knocked her tooth (which I found weird because I'm quite sure I would have heard if that happened), but I'm guessing now it's just her permanent tooth that was pushing it. It doesn't hurt her at all.

I'm so not ready for this! Has it happened to anyone else? I googled it and apparently it's not unheard of for kids to lose their first baby tooth at 4. I just wasn't expecting this for at least another year...

2. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Ellie wasn't quite that young, but it was 3 days after her 5th birthday. Searra was soon after. Then about a month later, they both lost their 2nd lower front tooth. And.... we haven't had anything since! Their top front teeth have been loose *forever* but that hasn't changed since before they lost the bottom ones. Their lower adult teeth have pretty much come all the way in.

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The girls had lost several by the time they were 5. We took them to the dentist because we thought something was wrong,but the dentist told us anytime between 4 and 7 was normal.

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess it's normal, I was just shocked because I wasn't expecting it so early.

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My niece lost her first tooth at 4. She is 7 now and I think has lost all her baby teeth. She has some major issues with her teeth though. One permanant (that I know of) came in with no enamal. She has her mom's teeth. :(

6. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

my girls lost their first tooth in august. ivana just lost her second one a few days ago. they'll be 4 in a 9 days.
    i've heard that kids who lose their teeth early have teeth problems... i really hope that's not the case!!!!

7. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Happened to DD last Thursday. I was at the dentist for a cleaning on Tuesday and mentioned it because at that point it was just really loose. She told me that kids in the 90% or higher tend to loose their teeth as soon as 4 and girls especially. She didn't give me a reason, but DD was in 99% for height so it didn't surprise me when it came out two days later. Of course tomorrow is picture day at preschool.

BTW it was the bottom center one and the one next to it is now a bit loose now too.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Same, bottom center (left one when you look at her). She's only like 60% for height though, so who knows!

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had to go back and look, but my girls had lost 6 by the time they were 5. Other than 1 cavity, we have had no other issues. They will both need braces, but so did I, my son, and my husband should have had them. We don't have what I consider major teeth issues.