DD admitted to hospital last night

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Oct 13, 2011.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am so scared! DD has had a high temp for a few days (and yesterday she was perky in the morning, but the afternoon she was crying, in pain, and shaking) and she threw-up yesterday morning (which has never happened to her before) so I rushed her in to the hospital and they did X-rays, bloodwork and urine sample. The X-ray showed early stages bronchial pneumonia. So she has been in the hospital since yesterday on antibiotics and pain meds to keep her fever down (which still spikes up to 103 and higher every 4-6hrs). My poor little peanut! At least I was able to stay with her last night (altho neither one of us got much sleep between meds, vomitting, fevers and temp checks by the nurses), now am getting a chance to have a shower while DH stays with her, and am expecting a few more days in the hospital at this rate.

I know that this can be a common illness, but I am still so scared and nervous for her. Has anyone been through this, have any advice for me?

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

How scary, I hope she gets better soon!

3. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I hope your daughter gets better soon.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have experience with that but I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and I wish your DD a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted when you can :hug:

5. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a friend whose daughter was in for pneumonia and it was very scary but she spent a couple days in ( I think after being on the antibiotics for like 48 hours they noticed a big difference). Hope she is better soon!

6. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

No experience but I wanted to send you lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}}.

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

She should feel better soon! Good job getting her medical care quickly!

8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How is she doing today? :hug:

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope the antibiotics are starting to kick in for her.

10. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Abby was admitted to the hospital from a Dr.'s appt. when she was 18 months old. She had pneumonia, but also had RSV. She was there for 3-4 days while she got antibiotics and breathing treatments. I would say that after the first 2 days you could tell she was starting to feel a bit better. It was stressful, so I definately feel for you. I'm glad your DH was able to come up and relieve you for a bit and I hope she gets better really soon for you.

11. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

:hug: No advice, just wanted to say I'm sorry she and you are having to go through this. I hope she feels a lot better soon.

12. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

I hope she is feeling better and everyone got a bit of sleep today.

13. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug:

I hope she is well on her way to a speedy recovery. Update when you can. :hug:

14. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I am getting my daily break now, as DH is at the hospital with her, and one of my BF has taken my DS out for a day of fun! They figured out that she didn't have viral, but bacterial pneumonia, which they were quite concerned about, so I am really happy that she stayed in the hospital as that is where she can best be taken care of.
    She is doing so much better today, she has finally turned a corner and is on the mend I believe. She had a pretty good night last night, no vomiting and no fever for almost 14hrs now! This means she may get to come home today. Yipee! I am so relieved and now I actually get a chance to have a shower today and maybe even a nap (now that I can relax enough)!

15. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: I'm glad to read this! Wishing her a fast recovery!