Day one of awake babies and I am flunking

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MarchI, Aug 17, 2009.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I can usually get one to nap but not the other and they switch roles. How do you time it so that two are soothed and napping? Any soothing to sleep advice?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to swaddle them up and put them in the swings. Worked like a charm!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Do you use a swing or bouncy seat? For the first three months that is how my two would nap and at the same time. :good: My ds was a swing lover and my dd loved the bouncy seat. They were what saved some of my sanity. :hug: :hug:

Yes!! I forgot about the swaddle! That helped alot too with my dd.

4. shlbifish

shlbifish Well-Known Member

Mine flip flop their schedules all the time, it's crazy. Today seems to be a sleepy day for them both.

I have to agree with previous posters about swaddles, swings and bouncers! That's where my 2 boys sleep during the day..works like a charm. I even asked our Pedi if it was ok to nap there and she said absolutely! Also, nice warm bottles, sometimes they need to be topped off, but that's my boys, they like to snack.

I hope you find something that works! :)

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with swaddles, swings and bouncers. Especially in those early days, those helped our twins get to sleep.

6. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

Just adding that I agree with the above. As for timing I have no advice. I'm still working on that, too. I'm choosing my battles right now and that one is getting them to bed-they don't like their swings or bouncies at night for some reason.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Add me to the swaddle/bouncer list! During the day that's all I used! :D

8. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Definitely swings & bouncers. I also had a thing that attached to the crib & you could turn it on and it just gently vibrated & supposedly made them feel like they were in the car.

9. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

I would add a good nap time routine just like a night time routine helps a lot. The eventually figure it out. Just takes time.

10. colleenh11

colleenh11 Well-Known Member

I would swaddle the arms nice and tight and strap them in the bouncers while swaddled. I'd sit there reading or watching TV (quietly) and bounce both with my feet!