Dancing with the Stars 10

Discussion in 'General' started by twinstuff-old, Mar 2, 2010.

1. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I never watch this show. But my Mom does and so I have to listen to her updates about "how amazing" all the dancers are. After yesterday's announcement of upcoming celebrities on the show (I'll root for 80-year-old astronaut Buzz Aldrin to win), I'm worried. Kate Gosselin is one of the contestants. Please let her be eliminated quickly; I can't fathom the updates about her dancing skills...

2. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

Another contestant will be Jake the Bachelor. Maybe Jake and Kate can hook up (since most of us don't feel like Jake and Vienna will make it). Jake and Kate Plus Eight has a nice ring to it. :rotflmbo:

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I'm with you Craig, I will vote for Buzz too. :good: Anyone but Kate.

Good one Mark! :laughing:

I have no words. :rolleyes: I don't usually watch the show but might just have to this time to see Vienna sitting in the front row. :rofl: Who am I kidding? That's just the reason NOT to watch it. :nea:

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't think I could wish Kate Gosselin on anyone...Jake the Bachelor run the other way! I hope she's eliminated early, please get this woman off my TV screen! :laughing:

5. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

My DH always watches with me. But, he said this year he will really want to instead of just humoring me (whatever :rolleyes: ) since Chad Ochocinco is on it. We live right across the river from Cincinnati and my DH is a huge fan.

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think that Nicole Sherzinger has an advantage. I'm calling her a leader early in the going! She's been dancing in heels forever! (She's the lead singer of the pu$$y cat dolls and she was a judge on the acapella (sp>?) show this past winter) She's stick thin, so she's going to really have to work to not show us her skeleton!

I wonder if Kate will surprise people? I mean, if she's graceful or can learn easily.

Buzz :faint: GO BUZZ!!!!

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

With the exception of Kate :bad: , not a bad lineup! She is dancing with Tony Dovolani, one of my favorites too. Oh what a dilemma! They were already on GMA this morning hawking her spot on the show. :rolleyes:

8. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I am always on the fence about watching this show (it is a big time committment) and that line up does nothing to encourage me to watch it. I am on Jake overload and wish he would go away and I can't stand Kate. I agree with another poster that Nicole has an advantage because she is already a performer and I also think the skater from the olympics (evan lysacek, sorry for the spelling) have a distinct advantage already.

9. Mama_Kim

I think the lineup is pretty decent, at least I know most of these stars.

Aiden Turner (All My Children) - Edyta Sliwinska
    Buzz Aldrin (retired astronaut) - Ashly Costa
    Chad Ochocinco (NFL star) - Cheryl Burke
    Erin Andrews (ESPN) - Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Evan Lysacek (Olympic gold medalist) - Anna Trebunskaya
    Jake Pavelka (The Bachelor) - Chelsie Hightower
    Kate Gosselin (media whore) - Tony Dovolani
    Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls) - Derek Hough
    Niecy Nash (comedienne/actress - Reno 911) - Louis Van Amstel
    Pamela Anderson ( Bay Watch skank) - Damian Whitewood
    Shannen Doherty (90210) - Mark Ballas

1 person likes this.
  10. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I was reading that for Kate the practices will be in her home, however she must fly to la for the dancing portion as well as the result show. So she will have to leave the kids with a nanny.

I wish you could vote for people you do not like.

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Rooting for Niecy Nash, I :wub: her!

12. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Kate Gosselin!?!?! :nea: I love DWTS but I am considering boycotting it if she's going to be on it.

13. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I think Evan would be great!

And :bad: #85.. not a fan of him.

Can't believe Shannen is coming out of the woodwork :bad: and I am not surprised about Pamela Anderson. She obviously needs a career boost! :lol:

And :bad: Kate too. :bad:

:good: Buzz!

14. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I love Aiden Turner, I could listen to him talk all day long. :wub:

15. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Lol, love your descriptions...
    FWIW... I have never watched a single episode of the show and don't know that I will this time around... I do wonder how many ratings Kate may bring in... Blah, she gets on my nerves :roll eyes:

16. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Ahh Kim, don't be shy....tell us what you really think :laughing:

17. Mama_Kim

Oops. [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I think the line up stinks :80: . I'm going to watch though cuz I love the dancing of the pros. I like Neicy Nash. I hope Kate Gosselin is the first to go, next should be Jake the Bachelor. I'm not thrilled about Pamela Anderson either....ugh. Again, I'll watch it for the pros and hope I'm pleasantly surprised by some of the other so-called "stars."

19. FirstTimeMom814

I'll be watching tonight, just can't help myself. I do hope Kate is out of there quickly, I just can't stand her.

20. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I'll be watching, because I like the show, love to watch the pros dance, and I LOVE Tom Bergeron, and have since he was a local celebrity here. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by how well the celebs dance. Reports are they are pretty good this time around. Kate, eh, whatever. I'm looking forward to Evan, Buzz, Aiden, Nichole, and Erin. I'm sure they could have found a better choice for Baywatch babe than Pamela, but hey she must need publicity for something. I think if they had waited a season before putting Jake on, I'd be more likely to root for him, he's just TOO much right now.

Shannon seems to have a good reason for being there this time around. Apparently her father is a big fan of the show, and several months ago, had a massive stroke and several heart attacks, and she is dancing for him. Gotta give her credit for that, maybe she HAS grown up after all.

21. Mama_Kim

I'm actually pretty impressed. First night out was overall very good. Even Kate didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would! Pamela was quite, ah, entertaining. I think it's going to be a fun season!!

22. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I thought Pamela was hilarious! Especially the comment about just checking another thing off her list, "Check" I loved her...and I'm not a fan.

23. Chrissy Nelson

I watched parts, I saw Kate on a commercial of 24 and did not think she did horrible but she had such a nervous smile. And her outfit was horrible. It just made her look really old and she has a nice body.

24. FirstTimeMom814

My favorite was Nicole. I was disappointed by Aiden. I thought Kate was boring. Pamela was just too trashy for me to be able to like her, all I could see was a mass of tangled hair moving around. Oh, and poor Buzz.

25. Mama_Kim

Buzz is a riot. DH has his book (I got it for him for Christmas) and he is hilarious. He can't dance but who cares? He's 80 and in fantastic shape! :rofl:

I too found myself liking Pam, not because she was such a great dancer, but she was funny! Kate didn't dance all that well, but she has a huge disadvantage in that she has never done anything remotely like this. I thought Evan and Nicole were both fantastic and I really enjoyed Erin too.

26. Chrissy Nelson

Are you turning on us Kim??? Are you starting to be a fan of Kate. I am going to have to disagree with everyone saying Kate has never acted before. I have seen her media appearances and she is a pretty good actress to me.

27. Mama_Kim

No, Chrissy. I'm still not a fan, lol, just stating that she's never danced before nor trained for anything like this competition. The acting? She's got that down pat! :rofl:

28. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I have to agree that Pam was dancing more like a stripper then anything else and I loved how Carry Ann and Bruno made fun of her. Kate was horrible and I hope she gets eliminated soon. Buzz was painful to watch. He was so stiff and forgot a lot of the moves. I still cringe thinking about it.

That being said, I probably could do much better myself! :laughing:

29. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I was surprised by Shannen!! :faint: She wasn't as awful as I expected.

Kate was awful! She won't be around long, but probably has enough fans out there to keep her around.

Jake looked really awkward! :unsure: They've taken the :give_rose: thing WAY TOO FAR!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Aiden wasn't great, but damn he's hot! :D

Nicole was definitely the best and Evan was darn good too!. They have the choreography advantage, IMO.

Pamela looked intoxicated, but she was pretty good. Those legs were AHH MAZE ING! WOW! The new guy dancing with her is a doll as well!!

Buzz was cute! His wife could use another face lift, however :winking:

30. Chrissy Nelson

Who got kicked off??

31. Mama_Kim

No one. Next week.

32. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

It is a toss up for me as to who I want to go home first. Buzz can't dance a Latin dance at least. He might do wonderfully in the ballroom. Kate on the other hand, just bugs the cr@p out of me, and she did a poor job.

33. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

My bottom three were Kate, Aiden :)cry: ) Buzz - I would like both guys to get another shot!

34. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

My only interest in this show (and I don't watch it) is that Kate gets voted off fairly quickly and disappears from public view (and magazine covers) for a little bit until her next grasp at public stardom overwhelms her again. Do I have any hope that she'll be eliminated from the show this week?

35. Mama_Kim

I would really love for her to go. Now. She is beyond annoying. And don't piss Tony off!! I :wub: Tony.