Daily routine at 16-18 months

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kateryna, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Kateryna

Kateryna Well-Known Member

Hi girls,

Could you please share your daily routine at this age?

I feel like I am not doing enough and that kids are so bored.

2. mkcondrey

mkcondrey Well-Known Member

My twins are 19 months, but we have been doing this "routine" for about 3 months now:

7:00 (ish) - wake up have sippy of milk and play in playroom
    8:00 (ish) - breakfast
    8:30 - 9:30 - play in playroom
    9:45 - 11:30 I usually take them for a long walk to our neighborhood playground and let them play for 15-20 min and then walk back home. They get water/snacks during this time. **now that the weather is getting cold, I'm not sure what I will do. I recently found a playgroup at a community center where I live that meets 2 days a week from 10-12, so I may start doing that**
    11:30 - lunch
    12:00 - nap
    2:30/3:00 - wake up, have another sippy of milk, go out and do something. Sometimes we go to the grocery story, sometimes we run errands at Target or Walmart, sometimes I take them to a large playground in the next town over, etc. I just try to find SOMETHING to get them out/about. They get water and snacks during this time, too.
    5:00 (ish) - dinner
    5:30-7:00 - play, baths, last sippy of milk
    7:00 - bedtime (brush teeth, read a book)

For awhile I had them enrolled in swim classes which were 1 morning a week. I sometimes take them to the library story hour which is 1 hr/week. I also found a gym in town that offers a "mighty mights" program for walkers up to age 3 which I might start taking them to. I may also sign them back up for swim classes. At the very least, I find that we are all happier if I get them out of the house at least once a day - even if it's just to run errands. :)

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

7:30 ish - wake and have milk in playroom
    8:00 - breakfast
    8:30 - 11:00 either out for a walk or play in playroom and get a small snack
    11:00 - 1:00 (theoretically) - nap
    1:00 - lunch
    1:30 - 5:00 playtime or walk or go out to run errands or play date... also with a snack
    5:00 - 6:30 supper, baths, bedtime routine
    7:00 - bedtime

I don't get the kids out for a lot of structured activities because I don't find a lot of them very twin friendly yet. They spend most of their time in the playroom with toys and either us rolling around on the floor with them or just playing together. We have terrific play areas at the malls near us and we live not far from the zoo, so those are big favourites. In the new year I am going to be helping to organize a twin play group once a week which should be a blast!

4. mpittman

mpittman Active Member

8:30-9 wake up

9:30 breakfast

10:30 outside to play, take a walk, or run errands

12:30 lunch

1:15- 3:15 nap

3:30 snack and play with toys/books/big sis home from school

5:30 supper

7:00 play outside, go to the gym at our church to play, or whatever various activity big sister has going that night.

8:30 bathtime

9:00 bedtime

There aren't many structured activities in our small town for children under 3, but I always get them out each day to do something or we ALL go crazy!! :headbang:

5. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

My girls sleep till 9am

get dressed, breakfast around 9:30am by the time I've wrangled the girls into clothes and putting on twin B's pants on at least 3 times by now!

after breakfast play in the playroom, go out, run errands, etc.

Noon lunchtime

Nap is after lunch till around 2pm-ish sometimes longer

Playtime, snack shortly after -between 2:30pm - 3pm

Dinner around 5:30pm

More playtime, bathtime, and Bedtime at 7pm

6. jaclynkoehl

jaclynkoehl Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous of all you who have kids that sleep 14 hours a day! Mine only sleep 10-11 at night and I'm lucky when they take a 2 hour nap. Sigh.....

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Like Jen, I did not do a lot of structured activities at that age, they were just too young for that.
    7:30: wake up & milk
    8:00: breakfast
    9:00-11:00 play time (coloring, toys), reading, some TV shows
    11:00- lunch
    11:30-1 more play time and reading
    1-4:00pm-nap
    4:30-5 dinner
    5-7:00 pm-more playtime and reading
    7:30 bedtime

In the playtime areas...sometimes we went to a friend's house or to the playground.

8. Kateryna

Kateryna Well-Known Member

Girls, thanks for your replies.

So mine is very similar and goes like this:

7 am - wake and fruits in the playroom
    8 am - 12 pm - go downstairs and play.

I try to get out but it does not happen every day as some days I just feel to tired so I let them watch tv and play.

12-1 pm - nap

2-8:30pm - again, trying to find something to do

I feel like they get so bored and like someone mentioned before, I don't have many twin fiendly places to go.

Did you find that closer to 24 months kids became easier to manage?

I feel so guilty as I have singleton friends that take their kids to art classes, music classes and swimming every week and I feel like I am just a crappy mom because I either lack imagination or I simply don't even try to get out because the whole idea overwhelms me. I just wish they behaved better.

9. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

I am a few days late getting this in. My two are 22 mos now so a bit beyond your age range but nothing has really changed.

7-8 wake up

8-8:30 breakfast

8:30-noon, get dressed, play, make messes, fight, the usual!! On Wed I have bible study so we are there from 9:30-1 sometimes. We eat lunch at the church and let them play in a cool play room the church has. 2 Thursdays a month, I have MOPs so we are gone again from 8:30-1.

Noon-12:30, eat lunch, clean up

12:30-1. Play outside if it's nice. Play downstairs if it's not nice. I would like to implement some art activity in that half hour come this winter.

1-3:30/4 Nap

4-5:30 Play, daddy comes home. They head to the basement to play, I cook supper.

5:30-6 supper

6-7:30 play as a family. Go to the library, run errands, play outside if weather is nice, play with the neighbors.

7:30 bedtime. A few nights a week, bath time at 7.

Our school district has a learning center that we can go and play there and will be every Tuesday. It's open from 9-noon. We try to get there by 10 to play. Come this Jan. all 3 of my boys will be in Parents Day out on Wed since my bible study is almost done.