Daddy is coming home!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mollyjm, Jun 29, 2009.

1. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Im so excited! Some of you know that Jim had to leave right after we had the babies. I was so strung out after my c/s I really don't remember that exact date? I think the babies were 9 or 10 days old? Any way, IT"S OVER! Tomorrow We get to go pick Jim up! It has been such a long 6 months. All the "ooo" and "aaaa" moments that he has missed. So many firsts. I know there will be many more to come, but it's still sad. It really will be like meeting them for the first time. They have personalities and likes/dislikes. They have doubled in size. Lia wears 6/9 months and Colin wears 9/12 months! They have gotten so big. (I know for some of you the military takes them away for even longer then that, my heart goes out to you guys.) I don't know how I feel lol! Im excited, Im nervous, I feel like Im gonna burst LOL! I just can't wait for him to get here. To finally see him with his babies. For them to get to know him. He is such a wonderful father to our other kids and an amazing partner. In the begining it just seems like deployments will never end, I didn't think I would ever see the end of this one. Thanks for all your support! TS is the emotional encouragment that I have needed many times.

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is so great that he is coming home! :yahoo: Congratulations! :woo:

3. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

Yay!! I can't even imagine the excitement you are feeling!! :yahoo:

4. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

:banana: I'm so happy for you and your family! I bet this has been a loooooong time coming? Your post brought a tear to my eye :wub:

5. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Wow! That is so exciting! Enjoy your time together.

6. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Yay! Take lots of pics! :woohoo: :woohoo:

7. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

Thank Gods he's coming home! I'm so happy! Tell him that even though I'm in the UK now, I still say a big thank you for all those years he kept me and mine safe. It's becasue of men like yours like we can sleep safe in our beds at night. Bless him.

8. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: That is great news!

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Oh I have goosebumps reading your post. :welcome: home Jim.

10. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

Huge congrats!!! We are gearing up for our 3rd 12+ month deployment and I know the longing you had to deal with. Those little babies are going to get so spoiled! ;)

11. mollyjm

QUOTE(Carrie27 @ Jun 29 2009, 09:56 AM) [snapback]1373749[/snapback]
    Huge congrats!!! We are gearing up for our 3rd 12+ month deployment and I know the longing you had to deal with. Those little babies are going to get so spoiled! ;)

6 mo's is long... 12? wow, that has to suck, sorry.

I know they say it's the hardest job is for those at home, but I don't know about that. Months away from your babies? I don't think I could do it.

12. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

I'm so excited for you! We've done two deployments in the last two years but that was before the babies got here. Last summer, DH left the day I found out I was pregnant and I was 23 weeks pregnant when he got home. I'm definitely not looking forward to when he has to start deploying again but the homecomings sure are sweet. Enjoy the moment!

13. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

Your post brought tears to my eyes too. I'm so very happy for you and your family! I too would like to extend my gratitude to him for serving our country. To be away from your newborn babies is such a sacrifice among others and I appreciate him and all the other men and women who keep us safe. Enjoy your time with him!!!

14. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!! My DH is going into the Army and leaves for OSUT (Basic and AIT) on Oct. 14th (one day before our anniversary and a month 1/2 before their first birthday :( ) and I'm not looking forward to that. One nice thing is that Christmas Exodus falls basically half way through his training so he'll get to come home for 2 weeks!! He'll be gone 4-5 months for training. Of course once we move and he's "really" in the Army then reality hits and I'll be dealing with minimum 12 month deployments :( I'm sure I'll be here for encouragement and support during that time. Anyway - YAY that he's going to be home. It will be so wonderful to see him getting to know the LO's. :)

15. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:bow2: to you and him for the sacrifices you all make for our country. I am so thrilled for you that he is coming home :hug:

16. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I am SOOO happy for you!! We're just 3 weeks into our 4 month deployment and I may be PMing you for tips! I really think it is harder on the guys as they have to leave every one behind. At least we are able to stay busy with the little ones. I hope you have a wonderful homecoming with him tomorrow! :hug:

17. mollyjm

O my goodness, thanks! you all are so wonderful!

18. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sevnheads @ Jun 29 2009, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1373789[/snapback]
    6 mo's is long... 12? wow, that has to suck, sorry.

I know they say it's the hardest job is for those at home, but I don't know about that. Months away from your babies? I don't think I could do it.

Yes, I am dreading it beyond belief. 1st deployment it was just me. 2nd deployment he left our oldest when she was 3 weeks old, got pregnant with the twins during R&R - he returned when the oldest was 14 months old and I was half way through my pregnancy.

This upcoming deployment he'll leave behind 3. They already cry when he goes to work, let alone a year long deployment. This will end up stop-lossing him and he'll be getting out after he returns. I'm ready to move on with our lives and have a husband/dad that comes home every night to tuck his children into bed.

19. mollyjm

QUOTE(Carrie27 @ Jun 29 2009, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1374166[/snapback]
    Yes, I am dreading it beyond belief. 1st deployment it was just me. 2nd deployment he left our oldest when she was 3 weeks old, got pregnant with the twins during R&R - he returned when the oldest was 14 months old and I was half way through my pregnancy.

This upcoming deployment he'll leave behind 3. They already cry when he goes to work, let alone a year long deployment. This will end up stop-lossing him and he'll be getting out after he returns. I'm ready to move on with our lives and have a husband/dad that comes home every night to tuck his children into bed.

Each child deals with it in thier own way. We have 5 kids, 10 years down to the twins. They all go through different stages. I think it was hardest on Milo. Is still non-verbal (gettin a little better), so he can't come to me and ask where is daddy, or tell me he is sad/upset. He knows more then even I sometimes give him credit for. THere is a picture of me and Jim on one of the tables by the couch. Milo has really never paid much attention to it. However, the other day he was over there being real quiet and still just looking at it. Then he started to stroke my face and say momma, then he started to stroke Jims face and say dada. It made me cry! It was the first time he said anything about daddy on his own since he left. I talk to him all the time about what is going on, but this time he did it on his own. He just went back and forth to both our faces. And he sounded so sad. I don't think this will be our last deployment, but I sure will be glad when we get out!

20. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:woo: Great news!!! :hug: :hug:

21. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

(Ok, prepare for sappiness....lol)

This is why, when I list my heroes in this world, I list not only those who fight to keep me safe and free, but their spouses and partners. I don't know how you guys do it, it's an amazing sacrifice. This is just one of my things, and I know it sounds really sappy and suck-uppy, but I mean every word of it. You amaze me, and I thank all of you.

22. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:banana: that is so awesome! :D

23. EmilyorMLE

EmilyorMLE Well-Known Member

YAY! Congratulations!! You are one STRONG mamma!