Da' boys are turning 1 today! June 27th - Matthew & Ryan - happybearsfan

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Her Royal Jennyness, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY [SIZE=12pt]Matthew & Ryan HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :birthday: :birthday:

Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!
    • Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)
    • Summarize your last year with your little loves!!
    • Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?

:sign0016: to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!![/SIZE]

2. twinduckmom

twinduckmom Well-Known Member

:birthday: :banana: :a_smil09: :birthday:

[SIZE=36pt][/size]CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You must be sooo proud!

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Hope you have a great day! :birthday:

4. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:birthday: Matthew & Ryan!!!

5. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, Jenny! :wub:

I can't believe my boys are 1 - I'm in shock!

We are on our way to the zoo, but when they go down for their naps, I will post pictures. Thank you so much! :icon_biggrin:

6. Tripsmommy

Tripsmommy Well-Known Member

:birthday: Our boys share the same birthday! Just 6 years apart!
    Enjoy the day!

7. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

Here are the boys - Matthew and Ryan on the day of their birth, and then after their first haircuts on 6/12!

It's been the most amazing year of my life. The NICU was rough. Then Ryan came home, and I started to learn how to be a mom. When Matthew came home, life was a jumble of breast pumps, apnea monitors, feeding Matthew at 4 in the morning with all the lights on to make sure he didn't turn blue, and reflux meds. Everyone told me it would keep getting easier ... and it did. First they slept through the night. Then Matthew started having less bradycardic episodes. They went longer between feedings. They held their heads steady enough that I could hold them both at once. They rolled over, army crawled, crawled. We had the horrible RSV, but that healed. They ate solids, then table food. We had NICU followup clinic visits and early intervention visits. Ryan, then Matthew pulled to stand, then cruised. Ryan took his first 2 steps Saturday night. And somewhere along the way, they developed these beautiful personalities and sunny smiles that I can't live without.

Today was their birthday, and we spent it at Brookfield Zoo. On Saturday we're having about 55 people over in our backyard for a picnic. No theme except "Wow! We're 1! We're amazing!"

Thanks for reading. :wub:

8. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Patty, Great pics! Thanks for posting them!
    We will be having our party on Saturday too! I hope you have great weather!

:yahoo: [SIZE=24pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW AND RYAN! :yahoo:
    [/SIZE]
    :itwins_boys: :birthday: :itwins_boys:

9. nicolepag

nicolepag Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!!!!!