cyst on my twins brain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by brynclaire, Aug 28, 2009.

1. brynclaire

brynclaire Member

Hi- I am about 19 weeks pregnant with twin boys. I had an ultrasound today and the doctor noted that the boys had cyst on their brains, baby A had more cysts than baby B. I asked what it indicated and he said possibley chromosomal adnormalities but since the rest of the boys anatomy is normal for there age that I shouldn't worried and he is going to keep an eye on it. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this? Googling is driving me crazy. Thanks

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey:

Please, please, PLEASE stop googling. :hug: Save yourself the worry that it will bring (and that's all it will bring :hug: ) My two both had cysts on their brain (and another soft marker for downs') and my doctor still recommended not getting an amnio. They told me that machines today are much more advanced are picking up cysts on more babies now that could have been on other kids years ago (does that make sense?) They also told me they should shrink and go away on their own and sure enough by 30ish weeks they were gone. :good: This is not to say that I didn't cry my eyes out about the situation with worry and that I didn't google. THat's when I learned that google was evil!! Try as much as you can to not worry, it will not do you any good, only make matters worse. :hug: My two are three years old and perfect.

2 people like this.
  3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree, do not google anything (I know it's much easier said than done), it always makes you worry so much more. :hug: I don't have any experience with it, but I'm glad your OB will be keeping a close eye on things and that is good that everything else looks good. :good:

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I have read on here numerous stories about the choroid plexus cysts found on ultrasounds and they usually go away by the end of the pregnancy. :hug: to you for having to stress about it. Liz (TwinLove) gave you some great positive advice!!!

5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

My good friend's baby boy had a choroid plexus cyst on his brain at the 20-week scan. By 24 weeks it was quite a bit smaller and by 28 weeks it was completely gone. He was born in February 09, perfectly healthy!! I have also heard that u/s machines are so much more advanced now they are picking up things like cysts which are quite possibly normal parts of development but they had never been noticed before. Try not to worry too much - and definitely STOP THE GOOGLING MADNESS!!! It will do nothing but make you worry more. :hug:

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Step away from google!!!!!
    Hang in there momma :grouphug: You have got some good advice here :hug:

7. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Google right now is your frienenemy :eek: Big hugs to you I too have heard that they shrink with time, so just try to stay positive, although I know how hard that is to do. :hug:

8. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

:hug: I am sure it will all turn out ok.

9. brynclaire

brynclaire Member

Thanks for all the support! I just wanted to let you know that both boys have no trace of the cysts anymore at my 22 week ultrasound and are doing great! They are both in the 50% and weighing in at 1 lb 4 oz each. They are a week a head of schedule and moving around like crazy. Thanks again

10. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I'm not a twin mother, but I am an identical twin, and i read most forums on here. But I just wanted to say ive been following your posts.. and wanted to post to say thats great! :) i wish you all the best.

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Great news!!! :hug:

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is wonderful news!! :yahoo:

13. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Great news!! :Clap: Congratulations!!

14. MrsDec

MrsDec Member

I'm so glad to hear the cysts are gone!! That is wonderful news!

Hopefully you can pass some good vibes to us too, I am in the same boat right now. My MFM saw 1 cyst on the girl and 2 on the boy, but luckily everything else looked wonderful.
    I won't have another appointment until 25 weeks, so hopefully everything is looking good for us too.
    Congrats!

15. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that your babies are doing well! Yeah!