Current favorite music group?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Jan 14, 2013.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

**if it starts with an A....not included! ;) **

So-who is your current favorite band/artist to listen to?!? I *love* Mumford & Sons. I find them relaxing(while decorating cookies over the holidays late at night), and great to listen to while being productive(cleaning the house). I usually listen to their station on Pandora(which is great by the way). But, I wanted more of them so I finally downloaded their latest album! So good!

Next!

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Doc Walker always and forever. Seeing them twice in March (our Christmas gift to each other) They are with Emerson Drive so I've been listening to their new album now.

Have no idea how to link from my tab but I think I'll post something on my facebook.

3. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Mumford and Sons, too! Gah, obsessed.

I did just download The Lumineers album this week, too. Hoping its good! My sister said they're kind if Dave meets Mumford.

I'm also crossing my fingers that Phillip Phillips keeping putting out that Mumford-y sound. :)

4. megkc03

Lumineers are good! They are on the Mumford pandora. :) As well as Of Monsters and Men. I think they are all similar.

Ya. I can't get enough either. Damn scalpers and their price gouging for concert tickets! :aggressive:

5. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Shinedown we are going in march to see them (my baby sis's surprise Christmas present from me) but I listen to a bit of everything and am kicking myself for not seeing fun. Last summer I hope they come back. I like Mumford, lumineers and of monsters and men too

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Right now, I am in a Ramones phase (may the classics never die, or I will have no music to listen to).
    Solo artist, I am loving Ed Sheeran at that moment.

2 people like this.
  7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oooh, I do love the Ramones. Nothing funnier than two five year olds singing "Hey Ho, Let's Go."

Current band I like? Ummm, Arcade Fire, Dinosaur Jr (they're current again!), Santi(o)gold, and Amanda Palmer needs to put a new album out. . .

2 people like this.
  8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Solo artist. I love my Carolyn Dawn Johnson. Every single one of her songs is a personal theme song.

9. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Hey - no fair! [​IMG]

New being relative, The Black Keys, Moon Taxi, Black Country Communion, and I adore Pink. But I have a very eclectic collection (almost 12,000 songs on my iTunes at last count) so I listen to a lot of different stuff. More stuff than starts with the letter 'A' - really. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. megkc03

Lol Kim! ;) 12,000?!?!? :faint: I just hit 433. :laughing:

12,000??? :faint:

11. Mama_Kim

Seriously. I have nearly 1000 Christmas/holiday alone.

12. becasquared

I have about 70 gigs on my iPod. And I haven't updated it recently. I have about 100 newish albums that I want to put on it.

ETA: I like Black Keys too.

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The Black Keys, Pink and Maroon 5 (Seriously, Adam is my boyfriend, he doesnt know it yet but he IS!)

14. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

FUN, probably. Pink and the Dixie Chicks get listened to quite a bit too.

15. Mama_Kim

I just downloaded practically the whole Rod Stewart back catalogue from the early 70's plus some Jeff Beck Group and Faces from the same period since I am currently reading Rod's deliciously fun and charming book. Gotta love the $5 MP3 albums from Amazon.

1 person likes this.
  16. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Better Than Ezra will always be my favorite.

17. SuzyHolland

SuzyHolland Well-Known Member

well......where do I start.
    with new music
    Mmumford and Sons
    Racoon (Dutch..sing in English)
    Passenger
    Jason Marz

Uncle Cracker
    Dixie Chicks

Then the classics
    Rod Stewart my al time favorite :)
    Blondie

and very old in new...the midieval baebes.
    beautiful music!!!!

18. jolcia17

jolcia17 Well-Known Member

Wow I feel young. I don't know any of these groups mentioned lol except pink and maroon 5. I'm a younger mommy(23). Some of the artists I listen too are Rihanna, Pink, Eminem, Hollywood Undead, Bryan Adams, etc. honestly like a lot of different genres of music. Going to Rihanna's concert in Chicago in march :D

19. becasquared

You're just a BAYBEEEE!! :babyflips:

20. jolcia17

Lol yea I know :) people always think I'm my kids babysitter...but it's ok I guess ;-)

21. TwinxesMom

I was a young mom too Lia. I'm only 27 and have 7 yrs olds

22. jolcia17

:) yay. Hehe. Yea I had my twins at 21. They are two now. Wow I wonder what it's like with 7 year olds hehe

23. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Love them! Saw them play in high school.

Another hold over favorite of mine from that time period is Barenaked Ladies. I listen to them all the time these days.

24. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

New stuff I like: Mumford & Sons, Bruno Mars, David Guetta, Ingrid Michealson

Old stuff I can't get enough of: Barenaked Ladies, Aero.. eer... Bon Jovi, Maroon 5, Bloodhound Gang

And ladies, I'm only 22 and have been for YEARS.

2 people like this.
  25. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I heard them on the radio a few days ago and had a total flashback. :lol:

26. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I'm just happy someone else knows who they are! I have seem them twice - the first time they signed autographs outside their bus.

1 person likes this.
  27. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I am kinda out of touch with the current music scene which is sad because I love music (new and old). I tend to go towards alt rock and I like a lot of the bands that were mentioned. I just recently bought the new CD from Garbage... the first one in over 5 years. I loved them when I was 15 and I still love them!

28. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Okay, now I have "Juarez" stuck in my head and am having a total flashback! :lol:

29. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love Jeff Beck! Rod sounded so good in those days.. he always did, but so much more soul.

30. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I've become a big Maroon 5 fan, I secretly like LMFAO, and One Direction...Phil Phillips, Mumford and Sons and the other band that sounds like Mumford - can't remember their names are growing on me slowly....but my all time favorite will always be Dave Matthews Band...can't live without him....

I have a rather eclectic taste in music...I love Sirius Hits 1, Prime Country and Classic Rewind - that tell you anything LOL!

31. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Current groups Fun, and this YouTube r&b group Ahmir ( the do amazing covers of any genre and manage to turn it into R&B). I love R&B; I'm so sad about the current state of R&B radio. I admittedly like Lady Antebellum ( minus the stupid slavery name). Individual artists Jason Mraz (kids love him for some reason), Neyo, Miguel, and Alicia Keys ( she's amazing).

32. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, another vote for Bruno Mars--another great performer; check out his YouTube covers, he's an amazing talent.

Anyone else besides me like rap/hip hop? I like BOB and a bunch of old school artists. Tupac is awesome.

33. TwinxesMom

Do like better than Ezra that was prime when i was in hs

Another really fun crazy band is ludo

34. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I'm 21 and know a lot of the groups mentioned, my parents (41 & 45) listen to a lot of different music. I appreciate the 70-80 era. Char is a favourite.

Pink, eskimo Joe, the script, birds of took, maroon 5, Bon Jovi etc just to name a few.

35. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

New groups: Fun, Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men

Always love The Beatles, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, CSNY....and tons more.

And Amy, I like LMFAO too. The kids and I have a lot of un in the car when they come on! :)