Crib Climbing - Solution

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Littlecat, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Littlecat

Littlecat Member

so....our 19 month old twins havent been too interested in climbing out of their cribs as much as they have been interested in climbing into each others cribs! We allowed it for a while until our pediatrician told us to get them into beds bec of the concern that one of these days one would get hurt climbing over. The toddler bed solution did NOT work bec they just used the toddler bar as a stabilizer to jump (they think their cribs are trampolines).....so we improvised and now have ONE BIG CRIB! think there's a market out there for something like this?!

http://srphotos.shutterfly.com/pictures/5

1 person likes this.
  2. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

Hahaha that's crazy! Love the big crib idea... Do you have them some how connected together?

My boys went from sharing 1 crib (only bought 1 ever) and about 2 months ago they just decided they couldn't sleep together anymore. We've been swapping them every Sunday, 1 sleeps in the crib for a week, the other in one of our pack n plays, then swap every Sunday.

Anxiously waiting to switch to their toddler beds which we already have, but afraid to make the switch. They're 19 months too

3. Littlecat

Littlecat Member

DUCT TAPE! and its worked so far...
    We were away at friends for the weekend and had two pack n plays set up for them. within 5 minutes, my son jumped into his sisters pack n play and thats how they slept the entire night...

4. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I hope this works for you! Honestly, you'd think someone out there would make something like that. But, if duct tape is working, go for it.

5. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

That is AWESOME! I love it!

6. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

How clever! What a great idea :)

7. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

I love it! It may help my DD get the cuddles she needs at night (and save me from doing it)

8. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

What a GREAT idea!!!

9. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

that is great!! good idea mom. in my house it would never work. they would play and never sleep, but if it works for you I say go for it.

10. Littlecat

Littlecat Member

their room is so small that the two cribs were in an L shape and touching at one place anyway and so they would always play and hang out by the area that was touching. when my son started climing into his sister's crib, they ended up on the same sleep schedule bec as soon as one would wake up, they'd go to the other and bang on him/her until he/she got up as well! naptime by us is never a fight...they love going to their cribs and playing and when one gets tired they just move to a corner and literally ignore the other!

11. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

That is great. I am really suprised noone has come up with idea for twins or even higher order multiples. You may have just come up with a money maker.

12. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

What an awesome idea! :good:

13. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's hilarious and awesome!! WTG!!

14. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

I have the same camo sleeper for my DD...

Love the bouncy action shot!

15. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

That is great!! I think you need to patent it and release one on the market. However, us TS friends should get a BIG discount :)