crazy accidents for the past two days

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemykids, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

my twins are 3.5. they just turned 3.5
    they have been 'potty trained' since august but wear pull-ups for naps/bed time. one is awesome - wakes up dry 99% of the time, etc.
    the other - wakes up with a full pull up for naps/bedtime and I'm fine with that, lol.

hwoever - he had FOUR accidents yesterday!!! poop, pee and he just sits in it and doesn't say anything! i picked him up and hugged him and was soaked. i am so sad for him and don't know what to do. today he peed at school and had to be changed. I'm so nervous something is 'wrong.' i asked him if somethings wrong or why he peed in his pants, etc. - he just says, 'uhhmmmm...'
    is this normal? what can i do!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls seem to go through phases where they'll have a run of accidents. It's almost like they forget how to get to the bathroom on time. It seems to happen every 6 months or so. I just start reminding them to listen to their body, point out whenever I see a "potty dance" & let them know they can come right back to their activity once they're finished. It usually resolves within a couple of days.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This. My daughter is a month shy of five and every once in a blue moon she will have an accident because she's too busy doing something else. I do the same as Rachel, tell her about listening to her body, recognizing her cues (the famed potty dance), not waiting until the very last minute to go and the reassurance that she can return to whatever she is doing when she is done.
    I would start off with that for your son. I would also tell him that he has to tell an adult when he has had an accident.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

This happens to us sometimes, too. They will go days without an accident (except for some small leaks, which they slowly outgrowing), and then all of the sudden we will have a day or two where they have a couple of full blown accidents. Not sure why, but it seems to go back to normal pretty quick afterwards. I just figure they'll outgrow it in time. I try to be vigilant with making them go potty, especially when we are away from the house. My boys NEVER do the potty dance or anything, so I just have to try and keep track of the fact that it's been awhile since they've been potty.

5. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

you made me feel SO MUCH better! i was beating myself up - literally crying thinking he had some emotional issue/lashing out for attention etc.