Crawling?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mjwebb05, Jan 14, 2011.

1. mjwebb05

mjwebb05 Well-Known Member

My boys are 6.5 months old, born at 33 weeks so adjusted 4.75 months old (Ha!).

they are on top of most of their milestones, social and physical, and I think they are at the beginning stages of trying to crawl. When they are on their stomachs, sometimes if they want to reach for something out of reach (like each other) they will balance on their bellies and put both arms and legs out straight...it looks like they are "Swimming" :) I get so excited when they do this as it seems to be a step towards crawling. Is it?

Also, when did your all's kids start to really crawl? I am, believe it or not, looking forward to this milestone! :babyflips:

2. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

Its only a matter of time! My girls "started to crawl" right at 6 months, then by 7 months they were everywhere!!!

One of them is taking 4 steps now!!

They are 9 months!!

I was SO ready for the next milestone but once they started crawling I was rady for them to go back to sitting and playing with toys!

haha gooood luck :)

3. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

Mine were late crawlers, not until 10months but then DD walked at 11months, DS is still not walking and we are 13months on Monday, he just prefers to crawl.

I was looking forward to the crawling as well but believe me, you are going to wish they would sit still again!!!

4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

My Allie does the swimming thing too. It's hilarious. She will push up on her hands drop down and then try to get her knees up. She has the idea but can't get everything coordinated. Fine by me. I'm not looking forward to crawling. Well I am not not really.

My DS crawled at 6mos and within a week was pulling up and within another week crusing and within a month walking. Get ready!!!!!

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

They started really scooting around on their bellies around 6.5-7 months. Both were crawling by 7.5 months, but Michael crawled backwards for the first few weeks. By 8 months, they were both crawling forwards and getting into everything. And within a couple o weeks, they were pulling up to stand, too.

6. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Nathaniel started army crawling at 7.5 months. William started crawling at 9 months. Nathaniel figured out the on all 4's crawl at 10.5 months.

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thought Annabella was going to be my early crawler. She was getting up on all fours for awhile, just not moving. Funny thing is, she was crawling LATER than the boys did. She was nine months old(they all were).

8. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Swimming is definitely the precursor to crawling! We got quite a kick out of it as well!

As for them being mobile- it hasn't been so bad. We baby proofed the whole living area and gated off the doorways. They have free reign of that room and we don't have to worry about them getting into trouble.

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls were 35 weekers, they were up on their hands and needs rocking by 6 months (see Avi), but not actually crawling until 7 or 8 months. They walked, however, by 11 months.

10. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

My boys were born at 37 weeks and were both army crawling at the end of 5 months, and on all 4's and really trucking by mid 6 months. I was so excited... Until I realized just how far they could get... in opposite directions... in such a short amount of time. And that was only the beginning! :)