Could I be having these babies soon?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Manda2059, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Manda2059

Manda2059 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. For the past few days I have felt very off. I thought some of you might like to hear what I am going through at almost 36 weeks....and I do have some questions for you experienced ones.

I feel painful menstrual-like cramps off and on. This is a new feeling for me.
    If I am on my feet at all I feel like I have to poo so bad (sorry for TMI). Tons of pressure!
    I think I lost part of my mucus plug.
    I feel sort of shaky and cold...almost an anxious feeling. Don't know what this is.
    I am peeing literally 5 times in the middle of the night. This is also a new thing. It was just once a night.
    I am getting headaches that I didn't get before.
    My blood pressure went up some this week and I gained four pounds of water.
    I general I just feel different.

I went to the doctor today, and I am 1 cm dilated, my cervix is very thin, and baby A's head is at +1 station. (That is VERY low...explains the pressure). Just one week ago my cervix was still long and closed.

So...

I stayed dilated at 1 cm for like 3 weeks when I was pregnant with my singleton. Is this true for twins too? How long did you guys stay dilated before you went into full blown labor? Were your babies low like mine?

How long do you think I have?

2. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I was 1 cm for 4 weeks + with my first, she was born 9 days late. With the twins I was 2 cm at 32 and 33 weeks, 3 cm at 34 and 35 weeks, and 4 cm at 36 and 37 weeks, and 4 1/2 cm the day I was induced. So yes, you can be dilated for quite some time. I started to have pre-labor signs around 34 weeks, but they came and went. I never felt contractions. There is simply no way of knowing how much longer, but you're almost there and the longer the better, hang in there!

3. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I was 2 cm for over 3 weeks with the twins...and still hadn't gone into labor when I had my c/s.... your other signs are good but obviously the 1cm doesn't mean a whole lot one way or the other...

4. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I was 1cm dilated at 34 weeks and then a week ago she said I was 2cm. I have been having all the same symptoms as you. I am scheduled for Monday but the dr. said it could happen anytime. As long as there is no fluid leaking, blood or the 'cramps' are worse and so frequent you will probably feel like this until it actually happens and it can be anytime. Of course the longer they are in there the better (I know I sound like a hypocrit since I was ready when I was 34 weeks) but now that I am at the end of my 36th week, I am so glad I went this long!

HTH, hang in there and keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BMartinez72

BMartinez72 Well-Known Member

I would be concerned about the sudden weight gain... did you ask your dr. about it?

6. Manda2059

I went into labor and delivery tonight b/c the cramps were so painful. There is just so much pressure... I thought for sure I was going into labor. I swear I feel like the babies head is coming out!

They monitored me for an hour, and I was having contractions consistently every eight minutes....but I was still only 1.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced.

Man....this is hard. If this is not labor then real labor must be the hardest thing ever!!

Thanks guys.

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Bless your heart! I hope you will deliver very soon!! I was also dialated 1cm for a couple of weeks before the girls were delivered. the pressure was awful - I felt like they were just going to fall out!
    At least you are making progress - that's a sign in the right direction! get some rest now you are going to need it!!!
    :hug99:
    Heather

8. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

What did your OB say about the blood pressure/headache/sudden weight gain? Those all sound like classic pre-e symptoms. As for being at 1 cm, I have never dialated without being induced so no help there.

9. Manda2059

QUOTE(jenn- @ Sep 28 2007, 06:47 AM) [snapback]427256[/snapback]
    What did your OB say about the blood pressure/headache/sudden weight gain? Those all sound like classic pre-e symptoms. As for being at 1 cm, I have never dialated without being induced so no help there.

They don't seem very concerned about it. My blood pressure was only 146 over 77...which is not that bad I guess. I am sure they will keep thier eye on it. It's just weird b/c I always have great blood pressure.

10. becky5

becky5 Guest

I was 1cm for 5 weeks before I had them by c-section. The headaches/bp/swelling is concerning. Don't hesitate to make a trip to L/D if you feel off. :hug99:

11. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

i was 1 at 34 weeks and 2-3 at 35-38 when i delivered