Cosleeping

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Erykah, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Anyone else co-sleep? Dh is working some crazy hours and so I want to put the `babies on the outside of the bed.. like I will sleep in the middle so dh Can sleep on the edge and sleep without babies tickling his nose. My question is does anyone know of a fairly long bed rail or co-sleeping pillow under $100? I found this but at $229, its way too expensive!

http://www.frogandelephant.com/catalog.php?category=23

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Erica, I don't cosleep, but I am wondering if you could just buy 2 of the normal bedrails and tie them together? Or, maybe you could make one of those pillow-things that is in your link?

3. cnasmom

cnasmom Well-Known Member

That pillow is too cool but you are right, way too expensive. Right now I just put a body pillow and two king size pillows on the side but I know that is not the safest option. Let us know if find something cheaper.
    Thanks,
    Megan

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Erica, I have an idea...what about buying 2 body pillows, and sewing them together, and then getting a sheet and sewing a pocket in it so you can slide the pillows in? That way you could still take the pillows out and wash the sheet. I think I have even seen body pillows in that roll shape.

5. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh good! I am glad you found a solution...hopefully! Let us know how it works!

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

When my guys sleep with me, I put the rails on each side of the bed. You can buy them at walmart, they are the toddler bed rails. They work VERY well.

8. ~rosie~

~rosie~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Erykah @ Jun 1 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]275864[/snapback]
    When it comes in and we try it out, I will post the results then.

Please do. I would love to get back into my bed. Wesley and I are on bed rolls on the living room floor right now. My back is KILLING me. I've been looking for something like this very thing!

9. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

Glad you found something!! We cosleep in this house!! Love it!! Especially, the last couple of nights the twins took turns having a fever!!

10. DanAbimytwomiracles

DanAbimytwomiracles Well-Known Member

I never post here but wanted to add this info for you:

snugtuckpillow.com

i just ordered one, hopefully it does the trick! It ran $100 for my king-sized mattress.

11. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Since this was bumped, the bed rail is AWESOME.. it has hooks AND straps so its securely attached and even I have leaned on it and it has not moved. We actually got two of them now!