Convertible car seats

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by camper44, Nov 4, 2012.

1. camper44

camper44 Active Member

Hi all,
    My boys are 19lbs and we are thinking about the next car seats for them. We have a 2011 Subaru forester. We are looking for:

-safety
    -what fits in behind the driver and passenger without shoving the seats up really far when rear facing
    -can still fit a passenger in the middle seat. (my butt just fits between our 2 chicco's)
    -latches well and is comfortable etc!
    -we are ok spending $ on seats but only if they convert and will last several years.
    - looked at diono radian because they last forever but they seem HUGE when rear facing and my husband wouldn't be able to drive

Any help is greatly appreciated as we have to order it online because we are in a small town up north on B.C., Canada

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

You should check out this site, they are a wealth of knowledge on car seats.

http://www.car-safety.org/

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The Diono seats now come with a wedge that can go under them when they're rear facing so that they don't take up as much room. I wish they'd had it when the girls were still rear facing in their Radians.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

The Radians are really tall which makes them not fit very well. I have a Subaru Tribeca and have the baby in a Britax Roundabout in the middle, rear facing. It would fit on the sides with the back seat all the way back, though.

5. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you posted this as I was just wondering the same thing! We have the graco snugeide 30 infant carriers right now but I was just looking at convertible carseats for the future.

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We have 2 sets: Britain marathon 70 and evenflo symphony 65 lx all in one. We love them all. My cousin bought safety 1st for her son. But he doesn't feel comfortable on it. I heard graco smart seat all in one is good. If you need 2 sets, u only need to buy 1 set of seats and another set of bases.

However, it also depends on your car. Some carseats don't fit in certain cars. Good luck!

7. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I have the Evenflo momentum for my older daughter and it is MASSIVE. I would not buy it again if I had the choice.