concerned about taking twins places

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kelli28, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kelli28

Kelli28 Member

I have a bad back (2 herniated discs) and try not to lift too much. Luckily I've had almost no back pain so far in my pregnancy, but I am concerned about it after the babies are born. How do you take your babies places by yourself? I'm thinking about next fall's football and basketball games when they will be 5-9 months old. Do you put them in the stoller? Carry them? Hope they still fit in their infant carriers and carry them in them? Just curious what others do!

2. Kelli28

Kelli28 Member

I have a bad back (2 herniated discs) and try not to lift too much. Luckily I've had almost no back pain so far in my pregnancy, but I am concerned about it after the babies are born. How do you take your babies places by yourself? I'm thinking about next fall's football and basketball games when they will be 5-9 months old. Do you put them in the stoller? Carry them? Hope they still fit in their infant carriers and carry them in them? Just curious what others do!

3. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer as I don't have twins yet [​IMG] But I have heard that using a sling is pretty easy on the back even with twins.

I am curious to see what the answers will be as well. I don't have a painful back, but I have 3 older children that are involved in EVERYTHING. I would like to see how other moms/dads do it by themselves.

I run the older kids all week while DH works. He takes them to their events on the weekend while I work. So it will almost always only be ONE of us to deal with two babies when we go out.

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

With a snap and go or duoglider you can just put the baby carriers on the stroller. I think this would be the bet option to aviod back pain. I go lots of places with just me and the girls. If we go to like target I park next to one of the cart returns and put one baby up top and one in the basket.

5. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

If you have a bad back, then I highly recommend the double snap n go. It is lightweight and fast/easy to use when the kids are still in the infant carriers. I could not carry two carriers at once, so I ALWAYS used my double snap n go.

When my kids outgrew their infant carriers, I just put them in a regular stroller (Combi). I could never carry them at the same time (felt unsafe) nor did I want to really.

6. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I always put them in the stroller. We have a Duoglider and the car seats snap into it. It is kind of heavy though. Now they are over 18 pounds each and carrying them in the car seat is really hard, so we are switching to their convertible seats and we'll just put a snowsuit on them and transfer them to the stroller.

I have a herniated disc in my back as well. I never had a lick of pain my entire pregnancy long (until back labor started). I was on bedrest from 16 weeks on though.

Now after delivery when I was still being totally lazy and taking care of the babies, that is a different story. My back went out really bad around the 4-5 month mark. Now I am on a mission to get back into shape because I never have any back trouble at all when my core muscles are strong and I work on them regularly. I see the chiropractor regularly as well.

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I use my duoglider stroller -with both carseats it is the only way
    I can take both out alone! I have not been able to use my sling for
    both babies - maybe because they are still so little?

8. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Double snap n go fan here! Then light weight double stroller. Most of the side by side ones fit through standard doorways too. I dont think I EVER carried both babies anywhere! HTH and [​IMG]

9. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

They might be getting too tall for their carriers at that time but you'll have to see. For us, the stroller was our best friend and we used it all the time. It kept the babies contained, it was easy to move them around, you could rock them back and forth, they had trays for finger foods, one parent could handle them, and they could sleep. We took the babies everywhere and very rarely had a problem. For small periods of time, I often used my sling and Paul carried a baby in our other carrier that was a hand-me-down.

10. Bradysmom1002

Bradysmom1002 Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about after that stage....you know once they are walking....oh boy! I remember just my son at that age, whew!

I imagine the stroller will be my best friend too. I have a friend with twins who once they were bigger bought a wagon to use to take everywhere. (they are 4 now and they still use it)