Common to Bleed/Spot during 11-12wks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ladypotter, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

Hi Girls! I have had on and off spotting/streaking only when I wipe for the past few weeks supposedly due to a subchorionic hematoma discovered in week 6 after I found some spotting. I always thought that the spotting should be brown, but it is normally rusty red, or bright red. It is never ALOT, but enough to freak me out. I wear a panty liner every day, and have been taking it easy as the doctors suggest.

Now...this weekend, I just passed the 11wk mark and Saturday evening, went to the restroom to have at least 4 or 5 toilet paper wipes pretty full with blood and a few drips in the toilet. One my underwear were back on, nothing made it to them the rest of hte night but every time I went to the restroom (which was often to check), I still had the red spotting. I think it has slowed down this morning to almost non existent, but am afraid it will come back.

I did not or have not had any cramping associated with any of the spotting / bleeding incidents. Do you think that THIS time it was the plancenta attaching? I am so worried about the continued bleeding and just wish it would go away!!! What do you ladies think???

Sorry for the long long post!! Thanks for your help!

2. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

(TMI and graphic)

I had a SCH (subchorionic hematoma) diagnosed at 8.5 weeks, this was after a MAJOR bleeding episode. I also didn't have any cramping, but had very watery, bright red blood that came out so fast it was like a faucet while I sat on the toilet. From talking with others, this is how most bleeding with active SCH's are (not the quantity, but the bright watery blood). After that, I had weeks of spotting brownish gross stringy (sorry) stuff.

I'm thinking that your bleeding sounds very much like your SCH is still active. Which isn't a terrible thing. Will your doc see you for an u/s today? Are you on bedrest or modified activity? I was told to be on TOTAL bedrest during active bleeding (just up for showers/bathroom)and also total pelvic rest (no intercourse, orgasm, bending, lifting, stooping). I've stayed on pelvic rest the whole pregnancy even after my SCH has healed.

I belonged to an SCH subforum (on BabyCenter)that helped answer my questions, but it was sometimes disconcerting as well.

PM me if you want to talk any more about SCH's. Take care!

3. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I also had SCH starting at 5 weeks and it lasted until i was forteen weeks! on and off the whole time. Tometimes it was fairly light and sometimes a little heavier and usually no cramping, it was so frustrating!! I had four ultrasounds between 5-14wk and they didn't know why it was lasting so long. I went on to deliver a healthy 37weeker!
    Best of luck

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I would call your OB or RE and check with what they want you to do. I had a SCH and had lots of bleeding at week 6 and 8 and then spotted here and there throughout the first trimester.

5. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies!! I called my OB this morning (I have an appt with the Peri on next Monday) and they are going to have me come in for U/S today just to check all is ok. I am so glad they are helping me with these multiple scans, I am just so nervous. I just wish this thing would go away already!!!

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope your appt goes well. Glad you called.

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hope your appt. goes well. :hug: